BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Top2Bottom
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the deal with it....???

does it actual exist????

because my new 545 is wired for it...and i realy sort of want it....

so i guess my question...is does it exist and what do i have to do to get it???

thanks

Kevin

·
I got nothin'
303 Posts
If you believe their press releases, BMW has signed a deal with SIRIUS satellite radio.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Oh no...

Oh no......you're gonna have to split your time between fanatics and other sites now :dunno:

Try this other site for good info:

bmw545.com

Sirius won't be a build option until March?:tsk: So maybe parts will be hard to find for awhile.

·
1.888.JLEVISW
29,482 Posts
My dealer had a Sirus display and they were selling it I believe...in fact the display was a mock up of an E46 interior so I believe it's available...and while I was there I checked out the 545 and it said on the invoice that it was ready for sattellite...so I think it's available now but not sure...

·
Registered
223 Posts
I installed the XMDirect with the Blitzsafe in my 2003 330Ci just the other day, took all of 15 minutes. Mounted the small magnetic antenna on the rear deck, works great! Now have XM radio pure digital signal coming through my BMW Business OEM radio. Awesome sound quality.

·
Top2Bottom
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so what your saying is that i just need to go to my dealerr for this one.....

see and the idrive screen there is always this display that says satalite signal...and it always reads none.... im wondering if i set up the satalite radio if that would change.... or if that has anything even to do withthe satalite radio...

i dunno...

·
Banned
4,041 Posts
When i talked to one of the sales guys, he said that our cars have the capability. We we just need to pay for the service and buy a satalite antenna. I think he said it costs like 80 bucks or something. The antenna is a sharkfin.

·
Registered
5,017 Posts
maybe that 'satellite signal' reffers to the satellite radio, or perhaps (just PERHAPS), to the integrated phone that the car is also pre-wired for? I believe that when the phone is hooked up to the car, the signal and voicemail info appear on the iDrive screen...i think that's how that works.

·
Top2Bottom
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hmmm...so i gots the shark fin... i think i need to go to the dealerr and have them turn on satalite radio....

ill try next week sometime...or maybe this weekend...

·
Registered
31 Posts
TopazBimma said:
hmmm...so i gots the shark fin... i think i need to go to the dealerr and have them turn on satalite radio....

ill try next week sometime...or maybe this weekend...
The Sirisu package come w/ an antenna the BMW tech has to install this its about $500.... I got a PNP install through my AUX Port and it works PERFECT!!! total = $120

1 - 14 of 14 Posts