E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
I thought that, assuming the other person was traveling in the same direction, the appropriate response was to pull up next to them, hang for a second, and then punch it and see if they come after you...

·
The De46vil's Army
16,344 Posts
Salvator said:
I thought that, assuming the other person was traveling in the same direction, the appropriate response was to pull up next to them, hang for a second, and then punch it and see if they come after you...
thatws what i do...

·
Legendary like a schoolboy
6,337 Posts
yea i dont know about no bmw salute...if i hibeamed another beemer... i think they'll think im trying to be cool and race them which is uncool.

·
TheOnlyConstantIsChange
4,301 Posts
I don't know there was this guy in a 745 who flashed me like 3 times with my high beams until I finally flashed him then when we I stopped next to him at the next light he started looking over smiling then he saw me and a fiend stoppoed smiling and turned right :dunno: I still don't know why he flashed me :confused:

·
Registered
778 Posts
My friend just asked me about that the other day. She asked "why do BMW drivers always acknowledge one another?"

I was like :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: !!!!!
She saw it too! I noticed that ever since I got my car. Just driving around I would get like a head nod or quick glance over almost every time from another BMW driver. I even got a finger point, head nod, and a long glance over to check out my car from a new 5 series driver one day. I thought I wasn't going to get any attention ones I sold my Delorean. I used to get that a billion times a day with that car and I was going to miss it. But now? Its not any different...

I don't know what it is but I like it. Maybe its something in the BMW club?

·
Registered
985 Posts
i know it sucks but we all know it's true.. 90% of the BMW drivers out there are dicks buying BMW as a status symbol.. or hot dumb *****es sucking dick to drive a BMW...

therefore...

this salute thing will get no where... we should just resort to meets and drives = p

·
Registered
336 Posts
tpzblu330ci said:
I don't know there was this guy in a 745 who flashed me like 3 times with my high beams until I finally flashed him then when we I stopped next to him at the next light he started looking over smiling then he saw me and a fiend stoppoed smiling and turned right :dunno: I still don't know why he flashed me :confused:
That's what the old school BMW people do. He flashed you to aknowledge that you have good tastes. It's much less common nowadays, but back when there were less BMWs on the road, thats what you would do. But bmws are slowly becoming a car fit for everyone so most people don't flash back, and because of that i think the tradition started dying down. How do i know? my dad used to be a bmw enthusiasts.:D

also...i think flashing might be misinterpreted as trying to start a race so less people do that now.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I see about 20 bimmers a day and when I pull up next to one, we just look at each other and nod our heads and go.

My tint is so dark that I just make faces and they can't see me:yikes: :D

·
TheOnlyConstantIsChange
4,301 Posts
Oh is that is, well we've had Bimmers every year since '81 but I don't ever recall people doing that to us before. Oh well, I didn't mind thats what me and my friend thought it ment when he did it. :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
A guy in a Z8 and an M3 always wave at me in my town. I think only true fanatics of BMW's who know what they are looking at aknowledge each other....just my 2 cents!

·
Movin On Up
551 Posts
i usually do the headlight flash if they pass me going the opposite way followed by a wave. if we are going in the same direction the pull-up method works real well. a couple times out on rte.84 in CT i got some older guys to make a fun little run through traffic with me

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
12,959 Posts
well i have a m3 and i notice

if i come up or another m comes up they hit the horn once.
when i come up to a 3 series a wave at them or give them a clance.
i think we do that because their isn't a lot of bmw. i know the m3 only have 15,000 for 2001 and 2002 so their is not alot so i notice they hit horn once almost 99 times out of 100.

i saw the pres. of bmw of north america and he said 10 yrs ago bmw sold 50,000 units in the north america. now they sell 250,000
units he said. that in another yr or two they are going to sell 300,000 units, for north america. i think the thing about bmw their is not alot of us in america. so when you see another bmw you feel like a brother as pass and gives you a hello i thing that my opion. but i see young drivers aknowledges other bmw drivers. i think the older drivers are to grown up to do that but i think they have the same feeling as us.
bobm3 :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
724 Posts
Most of the time I can spot a BMW coming towards me because our xenons are different from the acura's, lexus, and audi's. So I would flash them and they would flash me back:thumbup: .

I definitely can spot a new 7 series a mile away, cause the lights are very bright and purplish. Everytime I see one my eyes just go:yikes: I think gainesville should be renamed bimmerville:lmao:

·
Registered
237 Posts
whenever i see another bmw on the road (especially e46s) i usually just give them a smile and a head nod. just aknowledging our mutual fine taste.

·
Mod Squad
10,080 Posts
I wish I'd even see other BMW's, in my area, there's maybe five of 'em, and I own two... :dunno: but Air Force needs come first, and this is where they said I sould be...:sad:

·
[email protected] mph 1/4...Not bad!
838 Posts
I always get looks from other BMW drivers. I think most of the time they are just looking at my CH's. Its kinda different for me cause I am around a miltary base. Most people who drive BMW's get them while stationed in Germany but most of them only get 325's with zero options for some reason. The most you'll ever see is a 325i with a sport package.
So I think that most of my looks are because the driver or passenger is like "Whoa he's got a bmw and acutally had the money to put on some mods too." My car is pretty mild compared to most here but it looks great sittin on 18's when the next man only has 16" type 45's.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts