BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Audi and Saab have made an aggressive move on BMW for the last 4 years. That could also be a factor, as well as the low consumer confidence we are experiencing. But hey, you never know, it could be the new designs.

·
Masterdebator
1,669 Posts
could be a number of things....the 3-series is getting old, new model coming out soon so sales tend to slow down at the end of the life cycle, that's why companies tend to offer special packages as a final push......

·
Are we there yet??
6,803 Posts
I think there is a slow down in the market in general, interest rates going up a bit. I would like to see what MB's numbers look like between this and last year, that would be a good gauge if its the styling or the market. They are not huge losses so it doesnt look like styling. I have a feeling that the 5 series sales will get stronger and stronger once people get used to the car. Also I know for a FACT Saab is givin their cars away. My sister just bought a 9-3 Arc basically fully loaded (except nav) that listed out at $36k. She went to the dealer and without really any haggling they gave it to her for $29k. GM money gets you great incentives I guess lol!!

Funny thing is she got almost the same deal on an S60 $36k car for $29.5k she liked the Saab better though.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Yea, it was expected due to some of the models getting older, and newer ones coming in. It's a 2 year transition for a model, slow as the model fades out and slow as the new one comes in. People get tired of the old and getting used to the new, so give it some time. :)

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
FRANCO said:
could be a number of things....the 3-series is getting old, new model coming out soon so sales tend to slow down at the end of the life cycle, that's why companies tend to offer special packages as a final push......
:werd:

Which is why I think BMW is coming out the Club Sport model for the M3.

·
Likes Supermodels
2,776 Posts
tphan619 said:
What magazine is this information from?
Bimmer, mine came in the mail today.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
tphan619 said:
What magazine is this information from?
bimmer

my 2cents.

traditionally when bmw comes out with a new model the new model sells wayyyy more than the out going old model. When comparing the last year for the old model vs first year for the new model.

I guess the new models are not wayyy over selling the old models, probably due to many factors but at least for the 7 and the Z4, I'll bet it's because they both have undesirable external designs.

·
Masterdebator
1,669 Posts
also keep this in mind.....while every other car manufacturer was dropping in sales after 9/11, BMW's sales actually kept rising even withouth offering low APR's....i don't think BMW has to worry about anything...

it's still one of the only european companies (or a car company in general) that hasn't been acquired by another company (or had to merge)....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts