BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys..Can anybody tell me if damage to rotors is covered under warranty. I had my 03 325ci sitting in the garage for 3 wks or so due to heavy snow(no snow tires till now), but when i took the car out to put on new rims/tires, i coud feel the breaks/rotors pulsating when i break. I took it to the dealer, he said that the rotors got rusty, because the car was not driven for a while. He said both rotors have to be replaced but they wouldn't be covered under warranty.:banghead: The car has only 2k miles so far!!!Any suggestions:dunno:

·
unregistered user
826 Posts
Sounds like BS. I'd check with another dealer. Besides, I doubt that the rotors got that damaged in only 3 weeks. If they weren't pitted from rust you or they didn't get that scaly rust you should be ok. It was in a garage, not submergend underwater. I hear what you're saying though, I freak if my car makes a noise or does something funky. Still, I'd check with another dealer maybe they will hook you up.

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
6,705 Posts
sunds like BS to me too. since ur wheels are new, put ur old nes back see if u still feel it. If it ges away, its likely that ur new shoes werent prperly balanced. get them rebalanced.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The thing is, I can see where they rusted, exactly where the break pad was, and that area is somewhat rough causing the pulsation/vibration when i break. But the dealer says since it is not a defective rotor, he won't change under warranty..

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
6,705 Posts
then drive ur car for awhile, it'll make the rotor smooth after awhile anyway... hence never really need to resurface any rotors...another ripoff...

·
Slow in, slower out
4,755 Posts
BMW will not warranty your rotors because its not their fault that the car sat for a few weeks. Go out on an open stretch of highway and brake hard from 80mph to 40mph and you will probably wear off whatever rust is left on the surface of your rotors.

Ed

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
teamdfl said:
BMW will not warranty your rotors because its not their fault that the car sat for a few weeks. Go out on an open stretch of highway and brake hard from 80mph to 40mph and you will probably wear off whatever rust is left on the surface of your rotors.

Ed
That will work:thumbup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts