E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone utilized the BMW roadside assistance? Is it as good as AAA,or should i still get AAA for my bimmer? Of course, I know about all the other benefits of AAA. But this question refers to just the emergency situations.
Thanks for inputs.

·
needs a new sig...
3,408 Posts
it took a little while but they came with a flat bed and everyhitng went smoothly..note this was my moms 528 not my car...

·
Registered
353 Posts
I did once, the day after I brought the car home from the dealership. I could not get the car started as I did not know I had to have the clutch in all the way to start the car. I tried calling the dealership I bought it from but their service tech could not help and didn't think about having to step the clutch in.

Anyways, so I ended up calling Roadside Assistance to have them come tow it to my local dealership. They came in about 50 minutes after I called, had 2 tow trucks came. 1 was a regular tow truck, and the 2nd one was a flat bed. The flat bed one came about 5 min after the 1st and said they wanted to send a flat bed just to make sure. So I would say the service is pretty good. :thumbup:

BTW: I finally figured out the clutch right before the tow trucks came! Good thing my new car didn't get towed the day after!

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
12,661 Posts
i called them

3 days after i got my 2003m3 car went dead. it was the battery.
i called the roadside ass. i waited almost a hour just like aaa.
the only thing is they no your car. the guy came with a flatbed.
and i did not no on m3 you take out a piece in the bumber. that is a circle in the bumper their is a hookup for the hook. and they hook up your car to that. and pull it onto the flatbed. i think that is the bigest factor. the company that they use knowes bmw cars. i dodn't think if you call a regular flatbed. the guy would know about the secret spot in the car. and he went into my trunk that he new i had a tool their that would help him .

for that reason i wood get the roadside ass. help it is a big
factor when you decided
bobm3 :smokin: :smokin:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Roadside assistance is just as good as AAA and if your car is still under warranty it's free. Why pay the additional $$$ for AAA.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I've nerver used AAA but I've used BMW roadside three times already, SAD TO SAY. The first two times they sent a flatbed within an hour. But the 3rd time a regular truck came. I told him that he might as well leave because he's not dragging my car. Roadside it's okay to drag the car. I told them not my car so they said okay and sent a flatbed. Go with BMW, not to mantion it's free.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Roadside assis is good but when my sister got stuck in her bmw and didnt know how to change a tire :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: the guy showed up in an unmarked car... But he was really nice and fixed it for her :D

·
Registered
119 Posts
BMW roadside assistance is off da hook!!!!!!:thumbup: .....I was stuck in the middle of no where and they came to me in about an hour....:harv:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts