BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i recently bought my car from a small dealer in south NJ, an 02 330i with 50k miles on it, but it doesnt have any warranty or anything. i did a pre-purchase inspection at a local german car shop [German Car Shop Inc., Rt. 27, Edison NJ] and they said the car is in great condition, only brakes needed to be changed after a couple of 1000 miles since i drive mostly in the city.

the shop looked good.. people were good too.. they charge $80/hr and then tax and whatever extra the car needs.. but i never had a german car before let alone a bmw.. so i really dont know any good repair shops around central nj that specilaize in bmws.

without the CPO im really worried about going to just any shop for maintenance and all.. so if any of u guys can tell me if theres a good reliable shop around central NJ that'd be great help.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
In all honesty simple stuff likes brakes and maintence are very straight forward and I wouldnt be to worried about going to the shop that did your inspection.

If you want to get into more aftermarket stuff you can always check out Rouge Engineering

BTW CONGRATS on the car

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sounds good

thank you for the feedback guys! i think im gonna stick to the german car shop.. its really convenient since its like 5-7 mins from my place.

i'm very happy with the car.. looks and runs great. i need to save up and get some mods for it in the future, and hopefully mods are still gonna be available for the e46s once all these new cars come in the market! till then i'll be happy to keep the original look - a tribute to the designers at bmw :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts