E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this a picture of the current Profile 2000 roof rack bars? I was wondering about the bit of extra silver by the feet, it makes it look like this rack would sit up higher off the car, or is this how they all are?

·
Der Meisterstück
2,346 Posts
nzDave said:
Is this a picture of the current Profile 2000 roof rack bars? I was wondering about the bit of extra silver by the feet, it makes it look like this rack would sit up higher off the car, or is this how they all are?
The extra bars above the mounting towers/clips is the system which BMW employs to attach the crossbars. Unlike Yakima or Thule which have the towers/clips "clamp" onto either a round or rectangular crossbar.

I agree it does make the rack look like its higher off the roof, but I'm guessing that the towers/clips without the small aluminium bars are probably shorter than the Yakima or Thule towers/clips.

·
PRUVEIT
72 Posts
I would actually buy the THULE bars

Hi,
I have the THULE bar system, that mounts to the factory BMW mounting points, and will allow you more flexibility. You can mount Thule accessories, and you can even mount YAKIMA accessories with an adapter. Basically, when it is time to get a new car, or you want to swap carrier accessories between cars you can do it easily.
JP

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.