BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Shipping was $290? Who is charging that much -- if you don't mind sharing?

Maybe cause he's in Australia, but $290 still seems excessive. Thats what the intake itself costs.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
OP, could we get some pics of the intake and filter please?

·
Registered
2004 330CI ZHP
168 Posts
Bought one for my 2002 325i saloon....installed it and hood will not close all the way.....any help or advice would be appreciated:)
Is that a pic from before you have installed it? All I see is a stock intake box with a K&N sticker.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I will post photos of it installed and the issue im having....i just had to be to work and put the stock box back in

·
Registered
2004 330CI ZHP
168 Posts
This was before the install....the pic was to illustrate (but that is the car).
Ah okay, that makes a lot more sense. Hmmm, if the box is seated down where the two bolt holes go, then it should be okay. How much interference was there, and could you see where it was hitting? I do know for the fact that the box does come very close to the hood, in fact the underside of my hood has one or two small spots where the paint has been rubbed off, as the lip (circled in blue) actually contacts the hood on my car. So if the box isn't seated down all the way fully, then you may have issues.

Something you can do is maybe put a bit of grease, or something non-permanent on areas where you think the box hits the hood. Close the hood as far as it'll go, then where the grease is on the hood is where you are having issues.

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
23,478 Posts
on the bottom it should have an indent where it sits on the engine bay metal. if this isn’t fit right it might raise it. check that out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks you guys for your help......needless to say I figured it out (slot on the bottom of the air cleaner was binding).....i really appreciate it. E46 fanatics!

Attachments

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
23,478 Posts
Thanks you guys for your help......needless to say I figured it out (slot on the bottom of the air cleaner was binding).....i really appreciate it. E46 fanatics!
👍🏻 had a feeling that was it.

there’s a thread about the filters. think some were using a Fram rolled up.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts