BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Listen,

I am getting really sick of how much parts and mods cost for BMW's and I am only 17 years old and i do not have that much of a budget to do all what I want for my ride....I mean a cold air intake is like $249..painted reflectors for front and rear are like $100 combination :banghead:. At least when you buy somethig like a civic you can do alot for less money....the main point that I am trying to preach is that with BMW you do not get muchBang for your Buck and I am getting a job soon at my local BMW fields so I will get a little bit of income on my part, but i am going to need dome kind of deflation to take place if I am ever going to have a nice looking BMW!!!:cry:

Tell me your thoughts!!:puke:

·
mY Name Is aMiLioooooooO
2,124 Posts
intake is only 250?? where at heheh! my intake was like 600! plus 500 dollars software that i neeed!

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
srn1985 said:
Listen,

I am getting really sick of how much parts and mods cost for BMW's and I am only 17 years old and i do not have that much of a budget to do all what I want for my ride....I mean a cold air intake is like $249..painted reflectors for front and rear are like $100 combination :banghead:. At least when you buy somethig like a civic you can do alot for less money....the main point that I am trying to preach is that with BMW you do not get muchBang for your Buck and I am getting a job soon at my local BMW fields so I will get a little bit of income on my part, but i am going to need dome kind of deflation to take place if I am ever going to have a nice looking BMW!!!:cry:

Tell me your thoughts!!:puke:
I don't have much to offer you in your problem but to say, at least you are the owner of a BMW at such a young age. If mods were as cheap as civics, BMW's would be as cheap as civics also. When you are buying mods for a BMW you are getting quality design and product version mass production on the "rice burner" circuit. What you are paying for is the engineers design, quality materials and "the bmw logo". good luck man.

·
Registered
58 Posts
i understand where your coming from i'm 17 too...but... bimmers do give you a bang for your buck because their parts give good performance and quality. My 323 is pretty much stock so far due to the same problem but im trying to save up for high end AC Schnitzer and Hamann parts it might take a while but i think its worth it...oh yea dont be a ricer people will laugh at you

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
don't worry i'm not i just need some cash.

·
Registered
41 Posts
but......bimmer is a bimmer.........u never can compar with a civic......

·
Registered
626 Posts
I'm in the same shoes as you and gettin a job soon so i can get stuff. Plus if itll make you feel better, the only reason that you car isn't a "nice looking BMW" is because of this site and seeing other modded bimmers, hehe no offense guys. I feel the same way and then i see my friends reactions to my *stock* car and it really puts into perspective that i have the luck/chance to be driving a BMW when they are all driving civics, etc. So as Full Time Killer and everyone else already said, bimmer is a bimmer. :thumbup:

·
In Pursuit of My J.D.
2,354 Posts
"If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen."

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
The reasons why BMW mods are more expensive:

1. Civic mods are cheaper because of more mass-market production. For every 1 BMW owner, there are probably 5 Honda owners, this means there are more potential customers. The more products you make, the less cost per unit.

2. BMW are expensive cars, Honda's are generally inexpensive. The logic from the company's perspective is that you can afford it. If Honda mod companies believed they could charge the same price as BMW tuners, they would but they know Honda owners aren't going to pay those prices.

BMW owners are still much better off than other German luxury brands. Generally, Porsche & Mercedes-Benz mods are A LOT more expensive, not a little bit more, A LOT!

Even Audi mods are quite expensive despite the fact they share the 1.8T engine with VW. Generally, Audi mods cost as much as BMW, the difference is that the 1.8T engine is turbo, meaning power gains are much better. In the case of exhausts, I found that Audi exhausts were generally even more expensive than BMW.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
just keep saving... give it time.. lots of time

dont worry i got my car when i was 17 too..

the time will come.. the outcome of your mods will be far greater than what what any civic can offer you

1 - 12 of 12 Posts