BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my car to BMW of Fairfax Body shop a few months back and am writing about my experience with them, so that u guys dont take your cars there if you ever need to. Well the body panels they painted to match dont even match, the original Carbon Black paint is much noticably bluer than the paint they used on the front bumper and fender which is much purpler. Its not noticable in the dark but very noticable under the light. When I got my car back I noticed someone tried to slimjim my car and left a crack at the top of the driver side window. The driver side window trim was also deformed. I KNOW my car was not like this when I brought in there in the first place. The manager (I presume) then gave me attitude when I accused them of this ****. He said the body shop was not responsible and that the crack is from the window automatically going up when you close the door. He then started to mumble about someone trying to break in my car before I brought it into the shop. Which one is it dude? Unbelievable and totally unprofessional. When I got the invoice it said they had done a 4 wheel alignment, but when I drove my car on the highway I noticed my steering wheel vibrate. I then brought it in for an alignment at Curry's Auto. After they aligned the car the problem went away. I then called the body shop to tell them that my car was not aligned at all and they had even charged me for it. The guy I was talking to (His name is Danny Miguel) or something, paused for a second, and then tried to bull**** me like I was some dumbass. He told me that the vibration I felt was most likely caused by tires that weren't balanced correctly and that steering wheel vibration has nothing to do with alignment at all. It has everything to do with alignment!!!! I could see if the wheel was still vibrating after Curry's Auto did my alignment then it might be the tire balance. Since the vibration went away after the alignment then it has everything to do with it! This is totally something I WOULD NOT expect from a "Top Notch BMW" high end body shop. Do not take your cars here.

·
Registered
27 Posts
This doesn't really surprise me. I don't think I've ever heard a positive story about an auto body shop, "authorized" or not.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Hmm. I've only had good experiences with BMW of Fairfax tech's, but I've never dealt with their body shop. Good to know for the future though. Anyone know if Sterling's body shop is any better? I refuse to go there for service because they were absolute d!cks to me.

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
i wasnt impressed with their work either so I looked around and ended up using First Choice in Arlington they did amazing work..

·
Registered
5,017 Posts
VA dealerships

I think that VOB is really the best dealership in this area. I know it's a pretty far drive, but that's where I went to get my car in the first place because they are in a good area, lots of experience, and they are the largest dealership in the tri-state area. I'm pretty sure they have a body shop there too and even though I could go to Fairfax for my yearly service, I always take the extra time and go to VOB (Rockville Pike, MD) because they are awesome.

I was considering last night actually to go to Fairfax to get them to put in an M3 steering wheel with the SMG paddles for me, but after hearing this I'll definetely take my car and my business to VOB.... y'all should do the same. :flipoff: bimmer of fairfax!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts