BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought a car from a dealership in Alabama.... 335i to be exact with 60,000 miles.

this car was advertised with a CPO until jan 2015. This car was a manufacturer buyback. (Fuel Pump)

I checked the warranty with BMW NA before buying... Yes it has a warranty until Jan 2015 they tell me.... Fine... I buy the car... BMW will repair any issues.

I receive the car... shipped to CT from AL... has a check engine light on... FINE... I bought a car with a CPO Warranty... I'll get it fixed... under warranty!

I double check the warranty with both dealership and BMW NA and bring in the car.

On my ride home I get a call from a service advisor... "We are going to have to pull your CPO Warranty"....

So I won't stand for that... I bought the car w/warranty.. the dealership i bought the car bought the car FROM BMW with a warranty... I bought the car from the dealership who bought the car from BMW with a warranty!!

I call BMW NA and verify my VIN they state it still has a warranty until Jan 2015... sweet.. I tell them what is happening with the dealership not honoring the warranty.... the guy then comes back and says... I am sorry there is nothing we can do there is no warranty on the car anymore...

WAIT... SO 15 MIN AGO I HAD A WARRANTY AND NOW I NO LONGER HAVE ONE!!?!??!? Transfer me now... Next guy can't tell me when the car was bought back.... can't tell me when the warranty was cancelled... this guy can't tell me the color of the sky...

So now I am stuck with my balls in my hand... no warranty... and a car that runs horrible in the cold after a long night of sitting...

I know this is fuel injectors... and I can DIY, but its the principle...

Please tell me your thoughts... I am going to attack both BMW and the Dealer but the date of the CPO retraction makes all the difference...

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Your issue is probably with the dealer who sold you the car. Certain cars are not eligible for CPO and cannot be sold with CPO. Also a CPO warranty can be voided under certain conditions, some of which could happen after the sale of the car. I hope you get some relief, but it will not be easy.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your issue is probably with the dealer who sold you the car. Certain cars are not eligible for CPO and cannot be sold with CPO. Also a CPO warranty can be voided under certain conditions, some of which could happen after the sale of the car. I hope you get some relief, but it will not be easy.
I'd like to know what experience you have in making these claims. Documentation you have or have read that explains this. I searched everyone and there isn't a single document online stating they can pull a warranty on a car. EVEN BMW NA can't provide documentation that states this...

So please enlighten me... if you can...

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Wow shitty situation. I would start by contacting an attorney, possibly filing for small claims?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They Gave Me My CPO Warranty Back!

So Here is the update;

I drank heavily :jab: that night imagining dishing out $2,000 for fuel injectors plus programming... Woke up with a hangover like you wouldn't believe and decided I was not going to stay at work. :facepalm:

I went straight to the dealership to let them have it!! :argue: I was still quite pissed... but decided I would give them a chance to rectify the situation or at least explain in person. :blah:
I met with the service advisor and service advisor manager and they were prepared for me. I didn't tell them I was coming in but they had all the necessary ducks to negate my warranty in a row. :banghead:

They had Carfax, BMW certification etc... So here I am with a horrible feeling in my stomach thinking about the people I have to now take to court PLUS pay to fix my car. :read:

They did inform me that for some fluke reason the Regional Manager for BMW NA was scheduled to be there and would run it by him.

So I left, with a loaner. I called once I got home to remind the service manager that he should mention to the regional manager that I verified this warranty with BMW NA 3 times in the past week. PrePurchase, PreDelivery(came from AL to CT) and post delivery.

Well I got a call around 2 and they REINSTATED my CPO Warranty! :excited:
Apparently BMW passed a new set of CPO rules in Jan 2014 that voids all warranties on branded titles... My car was branded in 2013 and sold by bmw in 2013...

:idea:

This means I fell into a loophole that saved my warranty!!!! I know that BMW North Haven went to bat for me... and they didn't have to... i didn't even buy the car from there... I am extremely grateful to them and the regional manager for taking the time...:bow:

So they diagnosed my car... It immediately told them to replace all 6 injectors... they did that... going to cold start it tomorrow and see if there are other issues to fix... :woot:

Relieved... and happy! :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I'd like to know what experience you have in making these claims. Documentation you have or have read that explains this. I searched everyone and there isn't a single document online stating they can pull a warranty on a car. EVEN BMW NA can't provide documentation that states this...

So please enlighten me... if you can...
I have never had a problem, but I do know of cars that had the warranty voided. They usually give you a reason, as did your dealer, so that you at least know why, so I was somewhat speculating for reasons why the warranty might have been pulled, but glad to hear they informed you of why it was pulled and they found a way to get it reinstated.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts