BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Giant's Carjacked BMW Found in Flames

Nov 28, 2002 8:20 am US/Eastern
(1010 WINS) NEWARK, N.J. (AP) -- A car found burning under a city bridge this week was the 2001 BMW M3 that two carjackers stole at gunpoint from New York Giants rookie wide receiver Tim Carter.

The car was destroyed in the blaze, which was reported around 8:30 p.m. Tuesday. Authorities said several items -- including the chrome wheels and all the audio equipment -- were removed from the car before the fire was set.

Carter, 23, was attacked Sunday night after he left a theater at the Clifton Commons mall. Carter, who played in five games this season before rupturing his Achilles' tendon, was hobbling on crutches toward the car when the men confronted him around midnight and demanded his keys.

Once Carter handed over the keys, he was pushed into the car as several bystanders called 911 to report the attack. The men then drove through Newark and several nearby towns before they apparently used Carter's ATM card to get cash at a bank.

The men also took jewelry worth thousands of dollars, including a gold necklace and bracelet, and Carter's credit cards were used to make purchases at several convenience stores. The men dropped him off in Passaic around 3:30 a.m. Monday and gave him $40 before driving off.

Carter, who was not hurt in the attack, then took a taxi back to Clifton and reported the carjacking to police. No arrests have been made.

A second-round draft pick out of Auburn, Carter is out for the season because of the Achilles injury he suffered in the Nov. 10 game against the Minnesota Vikings.

:mad: :mad:

·
Damn Drivin' Fool!
1,966 Posts
:lmao:

They gave him $40! I wonder if they knew who they jacked. Yeah, glad to hear he didn't end up roasting inside his ///M3 when they torched it.

·
Registered
401 Posts
what a waste of a car:tsk:

·
In Pursuit of My J.D.
2,354 Posts
F*CKERS!!! I hate people like that! I'm a firm believer in "what goes around, comes around," and I hope those bastards get it 10-fold. :mad:

·
Registered
6,865 Posts
damn, they shoudl have taken his interior and window trim and sold it to me

·
TheOnlyConstantIsChange
4,346 Posts
When my dad's lawfirm used to be in Newark from his building he could see people on the top of car parks just wrecking stolen cars. He said they would just do donuts and **** like that.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well i just got m68 wheels insteare or pg2 ( i thought they will drag too much attention) ane i put pioneer dvd with navigation (which i roll down when i get to ghetto or a place where i will park)

Not for nothing, when somebody would put a gun against my window i will GIVE THE CAR IN A SECOND.

·
Registered
13 Posts
That sucks.. I will be in NJ in two weeks visiting my sis in Union. Her fiance's brother got his modded civic stolen (in Elizabeth) and wrecked a year ago. It was just some punks out trying to have a good time... The cops found the car the next morning.

Has any ever seen the movie "NJ Drive"? That is a movie of kids running around stealing cars in NJ and joyriding.

Attachments

·
Registered
452 Posts
Another good example of why 43 States in the US allow concealed carry permits. Too bad NJ is one of those States which makes it almost impossible to obtain a permit (must have special permission from local Police Chief).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts