BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BMW Key Programming For E53 E36 E36/7 E36/8 E38 E39 E46 E83 E85 MINI R50/53 EWS2/3/4 - 1995-2005

NOW AVAILABLE - CAS 1/2/3/4 PROGRAMMING FOR E65/E66/E87/E60/E61/E90/E91/E92/E93/E70/E71.
NOW AVAILABLE - CAS 3 PROGRAMMING FOR MINI COOPER 2007 - 2016
NOW AVAILABLE - BMW E30 E28 KEY.
NOW AVAILABLE - BMW E36 FLIP KEY.

My Mission is to
PROVIDE MY CUSTOMERS KEYS WITH BEST QUALITY AT A FRACTION OF THE PRICE AS THAT OF THE DEALER.
IN ADDITION. TO BE A ////ONE STOP SHOPPING//// FOR ALL BMW KEYS I PROVIDE.

Please Note. I am just doing this to help save people a lot of money. I know what I went through in getting a spare key done for myself. I was determined not to spend the dealer price of $234.00.

My Location: Fayetteville, Arkansas

ALSO, PLEASE DO NOT PUT IT OFF. I HAVE HAD 3 CUSTOMERS THAT CALLED ME AFTER LOOSING THEIR KEYS AND LOOKING TO ME FOR A MIRACLE. ALL I CAN DO IS PROVIDE THEM WITH THE PHONE NUMBER FOR A BMW DEALER AND SPEND $234.00 (E46) FOR A NEW KEY. FURTHER, WHEN THE NEW KEY ARRIVES, ITS STILL JUST 1 KEY. A SPARE IS STILL NEEDED.

INSURANCE: IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO PURCHASE A KEY RIGHT NOW....PLEASE SWING ON BY SO THAT I CAN SAVE YOUR KEYS BITTING CODE INTO MY LASER CUTTER JUST IN CASE YOUR KEY IS MISPLACED OR LOST. WILL NOT COST YOU ANYTHING AND GIVES PEACE OF MIND.

NEW BATTERY REPLACEMENT.
DO NOT TRY AND REPLACE IT ON YOUR OWN. EVERY CUSTOMER THAT HAS TRIED THIS HAS DAMAGED THE PCB LANDS. THE CORRECT BATTERY WITH 90 DEG PRONGS MUST BE USED FOR THE REMOTE. I MADE A JIG JUST FOR BATTERY REPLACEMENT JUST TO DO THE JOB CORRECTLY.

KEY TRANSPONDER PROGRAMMING:
Program Key To CAS 1/2/3 Immobilizer To Start The Car and Key-less Entry: $30.00 2nd Key - $20.00
Program Key To EWS2/3/4 Immobilizer To Start The Car: - $30.00 2nd Key - $20.00 3rd Key - $10.00
Program Key To Open Doors and Trunk (EWS): No Charge

OTHER SERVICES:
- Laser Key Cutting/Duplicating: $20.00, 2nd Key $15.00, 3rd Key $10.00
- BMW E30 Key Cutting: $10.00
- EWS Relay Installed: $25.00
- Original BMW Key Battery Installed: $15.00 Including CAS Smart Keys.
- Installing new Buttons 1 - $10.00 / 3 - $20.00
- 3D Metal Emblem For Brand New Style Flip Key: $10.00

KEYS:
I DO CARRY KEYS FOR:
E30 - Key: $15.00
E46 - Diamond Key with Transponder, Key-less Entry, and, BMW Emblem: $25.00
E46 - Diamond Key with Transponder, Key-less Entry, Rechargeable Battery, and, BMW Emblem: $40.00
E46 - Diamond Key Shell with BMW Emblem: $10.00
E46 - Valet Key with Transponder, and, BMW Emblem: $15.00
E46 - Wallet Key with Transponder, and, BMW Emblem: $20.00
E46 - Brand New. BMW F10 Smart Key Style Flip Key with Transponder, Key-less Entry, and, BMW Emblem: $35.00
E46 - Luxury Bentley Style Flip Key with Transponder, and, BMW Emblem: $45.00
E36 - Basic Key With Light with Transponder, and, BMW Emblem: $15.00 (Can Substitute E38/39 Diamond Key - $10.00)
E36 - Flip Key: $20.00
E38/9 - Diamond Key Shell with BMW Emblem: $10.00
E38/9 - Diamond Key with Transponder, Key-less Entry, and, BMW Emblem: $25.00
E38/9 - Brand New. BMW F10 Smart Key Style Flip Key with Transponder, Key-less Entry, and, BMW Emblem: $35.00
E38/9 - Luxury Bentley Style Flip Key with Transponder, and, BMW Emblem: $45.00
E38 - Basic Diamond Key Shell with Transponder: $30.00
E38 - Basic Diamond Key Shell, and, BMW Emblem: $10.00
E53 - Diamond Key with Transponder, Key-less Entry, and, BMW Emblem: $25.00
E60 - Diamond Key with Transponder, Key-less Entry, and, BMW Emblem: $35.00
E60 - F10 Smart Key Style Flip Key with Transponder, Key-less Entry, and, BMW Emblem: $45.00
E60 - Smart Key with Transponder, Key-less Entry, and, BMW Emblem: $30.00
E60 - Diamond Key Shell with BMW Emblem: $10.00
E65 - Smart Key Shell with BMW Emblem: $15.00
E65 - Smart Key with Transponder, Key-less Entry, and, BMW Emblem: $35.00
E70/E90 - Smart Key with Transponder, Key-less Entry, and, BMW Emblem: $30.00
E70/E90 - Smart Key Shell with BMW Emblem: $10.00
E70/E90 - Wallet Key With Smart Key Adapter: $35.00

A Fully Functional Key For A E46 Would Require:
- Diamond Key with Transponder, Key-less Entry, and, BMW Emblem: $25.00
- Laser Key Cutting/Duplicate: $20.00
- Program Key To Open Doors And Trunk: No Charge
- Program Immobilizer To Start The Car: $30.00
TOTAL $75.00. Second Key $60.00

I HAVE HEARD CRAZY PRICES RANGING ANYWHERE FROM 200 - 399 IF PURCHASED DIRECT FROM BMW. A KEY FOR MY E46 IS $234.89 INC TAX IF PURCHASED FROM BMW IN BENTONVILLE.

A NOTE REGARDING YOUR ORIGINAL KEY WITH A DEAD BATTERY:
DO NOT TRY AND REPLACE THE BATTERY. I GUARANTEE YOU WILL DAMAGE THE ELECTRICS.
Here is what I provide:
- Cracking open the Diamond Key case
- Remove the Old Rechargeable Battery
- Solder in a Brand New Rechargeable Battery
- Install the Rebuilt Electrics and install into a Brand New Diamond Key Shell
- Glue the 2 halves together
- Laser Cut the new Diamond Key Shell
GOOD AS NEW

Contact me at the listed phone number.....
Texting is prefered
Dave.

***** Dave's service is excellent. He knew exactly what to do to fix my key problem and did so in a very timely manner. Dave's fees are a very reasonable. I don't think he charges quite enough!! Dave has everything needed to cut key blades and lots of fobs to choose from.

***** What a pleasant surprise! I got from you, outstanding service, astounding good prices-actually Stellar pricing. Excellent directions, i can keep going because dealing with you was as it should be but rarely is. I recommend you and your services to anyone needing help with the nightmare of BMW keys. Yes it can cost literally thousands to get new keys from BMW, I was told no guarantee with buying a new key from them that my vehicle would or would not start and may need new CAS and DME because it may not accept updates.
MANY MANY thanks, Jim (BMW E61 CAS2 - Nebraska...Through The Mail Transaction TTM)

***** Dave, the BMW Key Guy (Yes, that's how I saved in my contacts), not only gave me the service I was expecting, but he went well above and beyond my expectations. You can't beat his price, nor his service. As long as he is in business, no one else will ever do a key for me again. He even cut a Porsche Key for me! Thanks Dave (E38 74IL). You're the Ultimate Key Making Machine!!!!

***** I'm so glad I found Dave to make keys for my E46 and E90 model BMWs. He went out of his way to make sure I got exactly what I needed and he really knows his stuff. He made me 3 keys for what it would have cost for just 1 key at the dealer! I'll definitely call up Dave if I need more keys. If you're looking to have keys made, but don't want to break the bank going to the dealer, I highly recommend him! (BMW E46 & E90...Nixa MO)

***** It was a very informative process and enjoyed learning about it. Not to mention it saved me money for the exact same key.

***** Thanks to Dave the Bimmer Key Guy. Travelling though AR and needed a spare and he took care of my Mini. Even got my key FOP working again. Plan for an hour or so. It's not quick but better and cheaper than the stealership. JD from NC R50

***** Five star all the way. Will do business again. BMW 650I (Will leave more feedback later)

***** Lets see. A word about my new friend Dave. A humble but experienced professional and a sticker for detail. OK. that's more than a few words, he is all that and a loyal BMW fan to boot. Dave went out of his way to exceed my expectations. He first fixed my defective Diamond Key then proceeded to create a new Bentley and F10 Smart Key Style Flip Keys. We left his shop for way less $$$ than what I would have spent at the Dealer for a single key. How could you not like a guy that drives an Orient Blue Hard Top that matches my CI. (Conway, AR)

***** Dave really knows his stuff when it comes to BMW keys. He is friendly and really gets the job done quickly. I would recommend his services to anyone needing work done and not wanting to pay dealership pricing.

***** Dave worked with us from Out of State (Through The Mail transaction), and the keys working perfectly. He is a friendly person, very accommodating. The work is awesome (Wisconsin).

***** Really easy to work with. Got everything care of with minimal fuss. Absolutely recommend his services.

***** Dave the two keys you made for my X5 work great. For what you had to do to get the transponder out and programmed then reinstalled it was worth way more than you charged me. Thank You Dave.

***** Dave Sarkin is the BMW Key Master! My son recently bought a 2006 330xi and it only came with one key - which had gone thru the washing machine and did not function. We made the trip down from Kansas City to see Dave and he was able to make a new "comfort" key and an emergency spare key. He explained the process as he was working and was very professional. Highly recommend Dave and his service!! (Kansas City customer)

***** I have been working on aircraft for 36 years and I'm currently a Boeing 737 avionics technician for a major airline. Dave has the tools and equipment to get the job done when it comes to cutting new keys and programming them to work for your BMW.

***** 5 stars without a doubt! Dave is very knowledgeable when it comes to the service he provides. As well as honest, and amazing prices. He replaced a faulty key fob with a new one as well as programming it to our sons 2009 BMW 328i. Also cut us a new key and everything worked flawlessly. Highly recommend Dave! Can't thank you enough Dave!! Martin Rogers, AR

***** Dave Sarkin made two spare keys for my 2004 Mini Cooper S, and even though he was surprised (and appalled?) at how much harder it was to remove the immobilizer unit from a Mini than from the BMWs he normally works with, he didn't add anything to the price. (He might need to in the future, but did not this first time).

***** Dave is a very interesting and friendly guy who took extra time to both show me and to explain in detail the whole key cutting and programming procedure, which was much more complicated than I anticipated, and his keys are miniature works of art. If you need spare keys or any BMW or exotic car key service, I highly recommend Dave.

***** High praises go to Dave. I had issues with my key-less entry on my BMW X5. I personally had invested several hours of time and frustration trying to solve them in the end, I did what most DIY guys would do. I cut the key open to replace the battery. The problem is its a difficult task and one that should be done delicately and with some precision. Without the proper tools and experience it can simply be a good way to ruin a remote entry key. Dave has all the proper tools and experience to do the job correctly. That includes removing and soldering a brand new rechargeable battery onto the circuit board and reassemble the electrics into brand new diamond key shells. Then laser cut both keys to complete the job. The best part is, its cheap. Give Dave a call and he will have you all fixed up in no time. Thanks Dave.

***** Dave did a wonderful job. Went above and beyond to make it happen. Real stand up guy. Came looking to purchase one key, left with two. Cant say thank you enough. Well worth the drive. Brandon. Springfield MO.

***** First class from start to finish. Price is perfect, service as advertised. Would recommend to anyone. David A. (San Francisco CA) [Through The Mail Transaction]

***** OMG! You don't know how HAPPY my daughter was when you completed her key fob! Your prices are amazing for the expertise you provide! Her having a working fob, along with a spare key gives us such piece of mind for her safety! And all in 30 minutes! Merry Christmas and THANK YOU! We look forward to doing more business with you!

***** Dave is very knowledgeable and friendly. Key works great and came with BMW key chain. Save money and have Dave replace your key!

***** Let me explain the service you get when you use David for your "key replacement" this gentleman will take better care of you than the BMW dealership. My interior trim was put together better than it was when I got there, he tells you all kinds of information about your car that you didn't know, he has a scanner for your car and is glad to let you know what's wrong according to the scanner and what the codes really mean. This is now my go to BMW guy for things I don't understand. I have been building and repairing cars for about 25 years and I learned several things from David! USE THIS GUY!! You will not be disappointed. Your keys will work and you will know more about your car than you did when you showed up. If I could rate David it would be 10 stars out of 5. Anthony K.

***** Normally in business you expect certain traded offs. Low Cost, High Quality, High Speed. When all options are available, usually you can only choose two. Cost wasn't a concern in my case. As a truck driver it was the time and the timing that was tricky. For less than the price of even one Lock Key from a BMW Dealer, David set me up with two fully functional Type 4 Master Keys in about an hour, rebuilt my original Type 1, and is available on weekends.
These were not simply clean cuts of my worn key in the Type 1, but new cuts according to the key's intended pattern; slight burrs, notches, and angles restored. The Type 4 keys actually require *less* effort to turn the various lock tumblers around the car, and of course start it just fine.
I was also able to confirm that the Type 4 key fobs can be reprogrammed should I swap an engine and DME in the future.
If you have found this ad, there is simply no down side to paying David a visit. Many thanks Sir!

***** Incredible Service. Was coming down to Fayetteville for a family weekend. Saw Craigslist ad and thought I will give it a try. Was only $40.00 vs $250 here in Kansas City. Well the service was OUTSTANDING! I was in no rush so he had all weekend. Dave had it done within hours. We drove a different car down to Fayetteville but got the key home and it all worked perfectly. Highly highly Recommended.

***** I really appreciate it for taking time to work on a badly damaged key. Its amazing how he came up with a solution including switch/button replacement. Came out perfect....as it would be like a new one. You are a genius. Thanks.

***** Great service and an honest guy who knows what he is doing. Very please with the service of Dave.

***** If you are in need of a BMW replacement key you can pay an arm to the stealership of call Dave for affordable quality work perfectly and its always a good idea to have a spare. Dave is knowledgeable and fast. Great service.

***** Great service and an honest guy who knows what he is doing. Very pleased with the service of Dave.

***** This is Jon. Dave did a great job. I rate him a 5 star for sure. He knows what he is doing and it sure beats the price of BMW. He gave me a free key chain and the rest of my family wanted one and he was kind enough to give them one as well. It was a great experience and awesome. I even got to see his BMW he is working on it looks very nice. Overall it was an awesome experience and I thank Dave for his work. I highly recommend him.

***** (5 stars) Dave is an elecronic artist. I was with him while he made two new keys and reworked my old one, and I was amazed at his dexterity and knowledge. It's not just cutting keys, folks. It's disassembly, cleaning, sanding, reworking, reprogramming, replacing, soldering, testing, and diagnosing tiny circuits. I highly recommend him. Springfield MO.

***** Dave is phenomenal!! He fixed one key and made three more for me and was done in no time. All keys work just like new with all the functions and at a fraction of the cost. It is obvious he is an electronic genius! If you want a key fixed or a new one made Dave is who you need to call. His customer service is outstanding. We could not be any happier. Thanks again Dave. Rogersville MO.

***** Hi Dave. We Cant thank you enough. Made keys for 2 X3s. Very nice job at a very good price. Dave is very knowledgeable, easy to get along with and does good work, and a nice guy as well. We will always highly recommend Dave and thank him for a job very well done. Thanks Dave.

***** I am pleased with the service David has provided. Excellent communication. Super fast shipping, and I will definitely use him and recommenced his services. Toy friends, Thank You. (Long Distant Customer / Lawton, OK)

***** Keys are working perfect. Love having key-less entry. Couldn't be happier with what we got. I personally feel you should charge more.

***** I recommend David automotive look services wholeheartedly.
He worked with me long distance (Sebring Florida) to prepare an extra key for my BMW Series 5. He is patient, clearly explains things and gave me more than I expected. Thanks David!

***** 5 Stars. Dave is extremely nice, and the price is just unbeatable, the service is great from the moment you enter and moment you leave. And it didn't take as long as I thought it would. And also thank you so much for the service and sorry I came so late. No problem at all.

***** 5 stars all the way Dave. Keys are perfect and work great . Saves a ton of money over going to a dealer. Highly-qualified and definitely recommend!!!!

***** Thank you Dave, you know what you are doing and everybody that needs a key should go to you.

***** Dave's customer service is great! Ingenious!! Really went above and beyond to make sure that everything was right. Worked around my schedule and got me going on a Saturday. All of this at a more than fair price too! Highly recommend to anyone that needs a BMW key. Thanks Dave.

***** Thank you for your professional job and service, saving me plenty bucks...Don K... Sand Springs OK

***** Dave was great!!! He is very friendly and knowledgeable about BMW keying. Price is the best around.

***** Thank you Dave. You know what you are doing, and everybody that needs a key for their BMW should go to you.

***** Excellent experience with David - very easy to work with. I needed extra keys for my E38/740I car. He had the blanks and all the equipment needed to cut and then program into the module for starting the car. Very fair pricing compared to the dealer.

***** Dave is a good guy fair and inexpensive. If you asked me, he had me very happy. Definitely recommend. He made a 100% working key for my 2000 BMW E46. Don't be scared to contact him.

***** 5 Stars all the way. Quick service and saved me lots of money on a new key. Key works wonderful just like the original. Would highly recommend getting an extra BMW key.

***** Wanted a Luxury Flip key. Purchase and price was acceptable compared to price of a Diamond Key from BMW. Programmed the key to open the doors and trunk and to start the car. Car started first time. Thanks Again.

***** Needed a spare key. Dave had a few and purchased one from him. Had the key cut and then programmed it to start the car. Did not know how involved it was to program the car to start. Thanks.

***** Purchased a key on EBay. EBay was very confusing in that their posting stated that they will provide simple programming instructions for the car. They did not say that there involves 2 sets of programming...one to open the doors and trunk and the other to start the car. With Dave's help, I purchased the right key and programmed to open the doors and trunk...and to start the car. All good. Thanks Mike.

***** Buying a key on EBay was frustrating. Not only was I confused as to the programming, but also showed key with 315MHz, and, 433MHz?????. And "Easy Programming" Spoke to Dave who sorted me out. I purchased the right key, had it cut. Dave programmed it. Car started first time no problem. Joe.

***** I wanted 5 key programmed. A set for my sister, brother, at work, at home, wallet key, and one in a magnet box under the car. Dave programmed them all..no problem. Will do buss again. Highly recommend. Thanks.

***** According to EBay and other online sellers who state that Lowes, Walmart, and, Home Depot with cut these key. WELL THEY DON'T. So, I bit the bullet, spent the $35 and had the key programmed. Not Dave's fault.

·
Registered
73 Posts
So you would just need our key shipped to you if we aren't local?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Basically, I serve the NW Arkansas Area. I have folk drive from as far as Kansas City, St Louis, Springfield MO, and Fort Smith. However, Due to the fact of cost savings, my TTM (Through The Mail" transactions have been many. Folks from San Francisco, Miami, Nebraska, the State of Maine have taken advantage of this service.
Now, in short. For a TTM transaction I will need both a good key (E46, E38, E39, E36, X3, X5) and Immobilizer (EWS2/3/4). So, need to be somewhat mechanically inclined....but I can provide you with procedures of how and where the Immobilizer is located and its removal.
The next issue is shipping method. Rough cost are: USPS Overnight $34.00, 2nd Day $17.00, and 3 Days $8.00. Most 3 day shipping that I have done usually arrives in 2 days.
note. Your car will be grounded until the Immobilizer has been returned to the vehicle.
Last. Key-less entry will need to be done once the Immobilizer has been returned to the vehicle. Very easy....
That's about it.
Dave, The Bimmer Key Guy
The Ultimate Key Making Machine....as I have become well known by my customers.....

·
Registered
41 Posts
Dave,

I've sent text per your instructions, but haven't heard back yet (verified correct contact number per #3 above)....figure I'd post a reply here to see if you are still providing this service.

Roger

·
Registered
41 Posts
Has anyone else used Dave's service lately. I'm not getting any responses to messages or PM's via the forum nor texts I've sent him.

Thanks,
Roger

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Situation

Apologies.
About 2 months ago I experienced a brain bleed or Anurism injury. I have had the surgery which was a huge success and now I am in rehab. I am getting better every day and should be back in the real world soon.
So please be patient and I will take care of you.
In the mean time please keep texting me with your requests so that I know who to get back to.
Thanks
Dave the Bimmer Key Guy.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I went to dealer they said the cpu has a tune and cant program. I got 2 keys from dealer, they start car, lock and unlock manually. However does not keyless open and close. Can you fix ?

·
Registered
2001 E46 330i Sedan
361 Posts
I went to dealer they said the cpu has a tune and cant program. I got 2 keys from dealer, they start car, lock and unlock manually. However does not keyless open and close. Can you fix ?
If you can start the car, your CPU or DME is OK. When you said "keyless" open close do you mean open/close by pressing the keyfob or you don't need the key at all like E90 or newer cars? I suggest you try search youtube video first on how to reprogram the keyfob - no special tools required.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you can start the car, your CPU or DME is OK. When you said "keyless" open close do you mean open/close by pressing the keyfob or you don't need the key at all like E90 or newer cars? I suggest you try search youtube video first on how to reprogram the keyfob - no special tools required.
Yes when I press the buttons on the remote it don’t open or close I have to use key to open the car. It’s a 06 e46 M3

1 - 11 of 11 Posts