BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Say hello to my lito fren
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BMW is the WORST customer "service" in the F&#(*& automotive industry!

Why, why is it that after we spend 40,50,60,70, or even 100K in a BMW, do I need to get exposed to BS when dealing w/ customer service?:mad: :mad: :flipoff:

Between my wife and I we have spent $80K in the last year in BMW cars, and when my car's driver side window malfunctions, and I take it in for service, I get a freakin Toyota Corolla! :mad: :mad: I'm talking about a POS, manual windows and door locks, $8000 car!!

WHY?!

I swear to God, that if this happens one more time, my next car will be a Mercedes or Audi!:flipoff: I hope BMWNA reads this! I can understand if there are no loaners because of the holidays, I can understand having a very busy monday, Hell I can even understand getting me a rental, but to gimme this piece of bovine excretion is unacceptable!

Sure, I don't drive a 745 or an M5, but between my car and my wife's car, we have payed more than such cars, and we certainly have paid enough to deserve some consideration!

·
St. Louis BMW Fanatic
7,162 Posts
It really depends on your dealership.
I always get a new BMW loaner when I take my car in for service. However, not ever dealership offers nice loaner cars.

Sorry to hear about the Corolla.

·
Super Nintendo Chalmers
2,055 Posts
It isn't that big of a deal, is it? I think you should feel lucky you have a convenient way to get from point A to B. Some people don't even get loaners.

·
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ininfinitum said:
It isn't that big of a deal, is it? I think you should feel lucky you have a convenient way to get from point A to B. Some people don't even get loaners.
Perhaps you don't find it necessary that when you buy a "luxury" car, you should get adecuate customer service.... Seems to me like you are ok with spending 40-70K in a car and get nothing in when your 8 month old "luxury" car malfunctions.

Most people in this forum will tell you that you are wrong!:confused: If I had a Lexus, I would be driving a Lexus loaner as we speak, if I had a Mercedes, I would be driving a M-B loaner or at least a decent mid-size rental. Audi always gives either audi loaners or VW passat loaners......what do we get at BMW lauderdale imports?? a fully MANUAL toyota corolla! :mad:

If I wanted to get from point A to B, I would have saved myself 40-50K, bought myself and my wife a couple of Honda's or Toyota's, and then I would agree with you...:flipoff:

·
Registered
325 Posts
It's about the principle of the matter. I feel and understand your complaint on it. Regardless of getting from point A to point B. If that was all we wanted we would have purchased a Corrolla from the start. BMW stealerships are always trying to grease themselves to the deteriment of the customer. BMWNA always takes the scapegoat excuse that "BMW Dealerships are independant retailers.......yada, yada yada". Service and quality go hand in hand. (Listen up BMWNA).

·
Registered
929 Posts
ininfinitum said:
Ditto this. Its the dealerships discretion as a courtesy to offer them to you.

just had my car in for a week to the body shop driving a Focus. Yes the car is a POS but you know, its transportation to/from work, and it beats bumming rides.. PLUs it makes you appreciate your car more.

Its a BMW, but its still just a CAR. BMW does NOT have to 'give' you a car to drive when your car is being serviced.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Is that a corporate or company line?

The courtesy is in that I can spend 40 - 50 k elsewhere. True a car is simply a mode of transportation. But BMW's are neither sold nor bought for simple transportation. You buy a premium vehicle and pay a premium price for premium quality and service. BMW repair shops charge a higher ("premium") labor charge therefore simply fixing the vehicle is not what we are paying for.
Give me premium service too!
;)

·
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Ditto this. Its the dealerships discretion as a courtesy to offer them to you.

just had my car in for a week to the body shop driving a Focus. Yes the car is a POS but you know, its transportation to/from work, and it beats bumming rides.. PLUs it makes you appreciate your car more.

Its a BMW, but its still just a CAR. BMW does NOT have to 'give' you a car to drive when your car is being serviced.
Wow, I am pretty surprised that this is coming from you Eddie:thumbdwn: No disrespect, since I know you are a pretty cool guy, but this kinda attitude is exactly why we keep getting shafted in this country.

Instead of expecting more, we try to rationalize why we should feel Ok with Less, so that we can feel good about getting jacked.

Once again my point: the dealers do not "have" to give you a car, yada yada yada, but it is NOT a Kia dealership!! My father-in-law has spent the last 15 years with M-B and everytime a fly lands on his car, they take care of it....it is not because they are trying to avoid the extra $20/day for a decent rental, but rather they know he is a customer for a long time, and he will bring his business, his family's business, friend's, etc to them for future purchases! this is what is called being smart, and giving exactly what the key word is in customer service -> SERVICE!

I totally disagree with the "I should feel lucky I gotta car" non-sense. Again, Lexus doesn't make their customers feel like they are lucky they got a corolla loaner, do they?!:confused:

Too bad some of you have this sentiment.....it is the exact reason why BMW reads this crap and feel like "See, we are doing the right thing by at least offering something to them" attitude.

too bad!:thumbdwn: :puke:

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Uh, I hate to sound like a jerk but you do know that M-B & Audi dealers also give pos loaners as well right? Just like BMW dealers, who sometimes give BMW loaners & sometimes not, M-B, Audi are the same. Hang out on www.MBWorld.org, or www. AudiWorld.com & see for yourself - depends on dealer.

·
Registered
77 Posts
My mom just got a brand new MB, paid in full. She gets a crappy rental when she takes it in. They don't give loaners to anyone at her dealership. The only opinion I have on this issue is that you pay for SAFETY with our cars. For example, if I got in a wreck in a ford focus and was seriously injured/killed, I probably would have had a better chance in my 3er, by far. I think they should at least give you something of similar safety.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I understand your pain. Based on my personal experience, my Acura dealer gave me much better service than BMW eventhough I bought my Acura from other dealer. I miss the excellent Acura service.
Nothing is perfect, if only if BMW provide good service, it would be perfect.

·
Bimmerless
1,957 Posts
I didnt get a BMW loaner until I finally got my M3. I too had the corolla from hell. Sorry things aint working out. But BMWNA has no say in this, its all up to your dealership. Perhaps bring this up with the head service advisor or general manager of your dealership.

·
Super Nintendo Chalmers
2,055 Posts
I say just take the car and drive it like you stole it. Might as well have some fun from it. Look at the brighter side, you'll get your car back and love it that much more. I'm not saying that we should live w/ getting a lower end car for a loaner. I'm just trying to say that by simply getting something from teh dealer, you're already luckier than a lot of people in the country are. Just because you buy a more expensive car doesn't mean that you "deserve" more priveleges. It's up to the dealer. THink of all the people that have to drive these "POS corollas" all the time, and can't afford better cars. Do you think you're better than them just cuz you drive a bimmer, and that you deserve more than them?

Not trying to rag on you, but I'm just trying to show you that you should feel priveleged to see all these extravagant thigns in your life while there are many people in the world who work extremely hard and barely make enough to even eat. You're already lucky that you can afford a car, more or less drive one. You even got a car to drive when yours is "broken". Feel lucky, look at what you have around you, and smile. :D

·
Registered
338 Posts
BMW doesn't need to offer good service. It doesn't even have to offer adequate service. People will still buy bmws regardless of service because it's a bmw, and bmw knows it.

Many people buy bmws even though they know it doesn't have the best reliability, and the dealerships overcharge and do crappy service. Some people, though alot less, actually like the fact that a lot of dealerships are crap and that only they can afford to maintain them.

I'd love for BMW to be more like lexus in terms of customer service. However, offering good service probably won't result in that many more cars for the amount BMWNA needs to spend. The only reason they would change is if we stop buying their cars and label customer service as the culprit. I'm not about to stop buying bmws, so it's up to you guys.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Loaners

I think all BMW dealerships should offer a loaner that's at least equal to or better than what you drive. I do also realize the fact that all their loaners can be in use, but they can manage to keep their custumers happy through same-class rentals as well.
My car was bought from a different dealership than the one I took my car to last. and they said their policy says that they could not offer any loaners to owners of BMWs bought from other dealerships:tsk:
I could not beleive what I was hearing! Very dissappointed at the quality of their customer satisfaction:tsk:
In my opinion, with the economy being on a cutting edge, one would only think that they would try to make you as happy as possible specially that their prices are as high as they've ever been. When I take my car in, I usually spend around $500.00 since my car is not under warranty anymore. Give me a break. They had a shuttle service that would drop you off in the morning only if you made it to the Service dept by 7am. That was it! I am pretty sure this is going to be my last time there. It's not only about the loaner, it's a bunch of stuff too. It's hard to find expert service people. The experts are in the garage, and the well dressed idiots are up front totake your car and have (most of the time) no clue what they're talking about.
I only wish, i will have a better experience the next time I take my car to the next closest dealership:dunno:

·
Super Nintendo Chalmers
2,055 Posts
So would you rather not get a corolla or no loaner at all? I think going w/o a loaner makes you appreciate having any car to drive.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts