E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
'03 325i Touring
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an OEM iPod interface that currently connects to a 30 pin cord. I was wondering if anyone had tried using an adaptor from the 30pin to lightning or 30 pin to aux and if it works. Looking to play music off my phone and wondering which of the options works for newer gen iphones.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I have an OEM iPod interface that currently connects to a 30 pin cord. I was wondering if anyone had tried using an adaptor from the 30pin to lightning or 30 pin to aux and if it works. Looking to play music off my phone and wondering which of the options works for newer gen iphones.
Best I have come to that is the past owners of my 04 had installed the same unit as you have. For a time I used a 30pin bluetooth dongle...I didn't like it much removed it...then installed mediabridge...haven't looked back since.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
'03 325i Touring
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Best I have come to that is the past owners of my 04 had installed the same unit as you have. For a time I used a 30pin bluetooth dongle...I didn't like it much removed it...then installed mediabridge...haven't looked back since.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk
I’m not familiar with mediabridges, how does it work?

·
Registered
2005 330i manual transmission performance package
3,884 Posts
I have an ancient DICE Silverline, designed to work with ipods, before the first iphone was even released. Needless to say, it came with a 30-pin connector, which is fine with me, since I mostly use it to hook up an ipod nano.
There is no issue connecting newer iphones using a 30-pin to lightning adaptor - it works perfectly fine - allows me to browse and play playlists, albums, songs, etc., and also charges the connected device. However, not all adaptors on the market work. Mine is an original apple adapter, the one without a cord in the middle: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter
If it works for me, it should work with your OEM interface.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts