BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Many of us missed the boat on the OEM glove box plug in power point and now if you can find one they are selling for stupid amounts of money. Most of us never even touch the usuleless flashlight and may even have more than one laying around. I've started converting them to useful powerpoints. Let me know if interested and I can either do a core swap (you send one and i put a converted one back in the mail to you), or you can just straight out buy one.

$25 for swap or $30 straight purchase.

Let me know if you want a single plug or dual plug. Send me a PM if interested.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Interesting concept! The power plug is essentially equivalent to the cigarette lighter power point?

Do you have this in your car and, if so, what do you use it for? I run a micro-usb from the cig lighter to my phone but it would look a little cleaner if it came from the glovebox so I may be interested. Not sure if the glovebox can close with a cord running out of if though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it is a 12v power source just like the lighter. I have a stubby usb port plugged in it and it stays plugged in the glovebox. I bought an extra long charging cord for my phone and routed it out the back of the glovebox....closes perfectly and I tucked the cord up under the console

Attachments

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I bought one of these from garcub weeks ago and finally installed it after taking the car out of winter storage. The construction looks very solid and it plugged in no problem. I just have it hanging out of the glovebox right now (it closes fine) but I'll be routing it back behind the console when I get a moment just like the pictures above show.

Overall very happy with it, would absolutely recommend this!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts