BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

These are the codes I was able to pulled from my 02 M3. The car was running normal, however the dsc light, abs, handbrake light are on all the time and the car won't rev above 6000rpm. Can someone chime in and let me know what parts or testing I'm looking at? To fix these codes?

I assume the 115 required testing on the dsc module? But what number I'm supposed to look for? And 118 required new throttle position sensor on bank 1? I'm not sure about code 184.

Thanks

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check the definitions tab here: DTC Codes w ODBII and Error Values .xls

Sounds like your dme fan is not cooling properly and your abs/dsc sensors are acting up (usually on front left or rear right).

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Thanks for the definitions tab. But how can cooling can cause electrical problem? I was thinking it might be alternator or battery acting up.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Thanks for the definitions tab. But how can cooling can cause electrical problem? I was thinking it might be alternator or battery acting up.
If your computer is overheating funky things can start happening once modules get hot.

Remove the cover above your feet on driver side footwell. Once you do that, in the top left, you will see a black box which is the ecu fan. See if it is working.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If your computer is overheating funky things can start happening once modules get hot.

Remove the cover above your feet on driver side footwell. Once you do that, in the top left, you will see a black box which is the ecu fan. See if it is working.

Oh I see, thanks. I will check that

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts