BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If i order the BMW E46 3 series rear wing, is it possible for me to install it myself? If so what is involved? Anyone have pics of installations or directions?

·
Registered
271 Posts
I have one arriving tomorrow and I am having a body shop do the install. I am not comfortable with the idea of drilling holes in my car, but someone who is handy could surely handle the task. Good luck if you decide to try it.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I bought mine from spoilerdepot.com. It's a replica of an OEM one and I had them paint it for $80. I read a thread here saying the paint job was ok, but a little thin on the clearcoat, but since it's a rear spoiler I didn't figure it was going to get too much abuse. I'll know more tomorrow when I get it.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Hey Check out what I got off of ebay. Only thing is that it is missing the screws. Has anybody installed theirs yet. How much would it cost to get this done. I won it for $60 USD painted in Bright Red.

Attachments

·
Registered
452 Posts
I am interested in this topic as well..............keep the info coming.:thumbup:

·
Registered
26 Posts
I bought mine from CircleBMW and had a local body shop install. The sides can be an issue where they sometimes want to spread wider than the rear decklid.

The spoiler comes with two black bolt locators. Use them! The nipple goes into the bolt holes and after you set the spoiler where you want it, tape the locators to the car and lift off the spoiler. Where the nipples are represents the center of your holes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts