E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,
I've read a lot of threads but still doesn't found clear answer.
I'd like to add AUX input to my car.

My car is E46 2001/9 (after lift). Navigation 16:9 / 6cd changer / Harman Kardon version.
I have BM54 tuner in trunk.
My navigation have updated software to 63? version.

1. Checked behind Navigation screen but there's no cable (as I read its available only after 2002/09).
2. Found schema like this for my BM54 tuner and tried connect cable bought for "behind screen/radio" to those pins C 3,4,10 then attached phone playing music but no AUX option appeared

I've tried to connect minijack cable straight into those pins but also no success.

Is it possible that my BM54 is version "before" working AUX or its Navigation system fault because this doesn't have AUX software/hardware option included?

Is it only option to connect cable into ping B 8,9 and left B2 like it is to simulate running cd charger but "replacing" sound source on those 2 pins?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi all, I'm in the same boat here. I did a lot of searching but all I could find are guides for Business CD Pre-2002 or Navi Post-2002, nothing for Navi Pre-2002. I have the widescreen 16:9 Navigation for what it's worth. Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
2001 E46 330i Sedan
418 Posts
Connecting a direct minijack to BM54 will not work. You need to solder a 300k resistor across L & R cable and decoupling capacitors as in below diagram. You may want to use higher value of uF for the capacitors than specified if you want a lower frequency low pass.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.