E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
I've installed the same pkg as delmarco, but I can't seem to tuck the wire into the top of the windscreen. It won't go in. I feel as if the adhesive to the windshield is there, and am afraid of prying into it. Can anyone help with this?

btw, I found it much easier by pushing out the climate control box and unscrewing the bracket holding it. what I've done is put the A-C connection to the left side of the centre vent. Then putting everything back in place. I couldn't tuck it behind the right side of where the spike that holds the Alpine radio unit. Before you put everything back or the glove box back, make sure the volume of the parrot is loud enough. I had to take it off to increase the volume on the parrot in the frigid cold.

Thanks delmarco for the DIY.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Just did this DIY today. I have a 2003 325i, Business Class head unit. Great write up and easy to follow. Couple of questions:

1. I can't seem to get the steering wheel buttons to control the Parrot Unit. (Double checked the connections to make sure the Parrot Controller is plugged in). Using an Iphone 3G, which is paired and working fine with the radio. I can answer calls when choose the Parrot from the audio sources within the Iphone. Does the use of the Iphone 3G not allow the use of the steering wheel buttons?

2. The controller for the Parrot has green and red LEDs. Are they suppossed to light up or not? I was thinking that maybe this is the reason why I can't use the steering wheel buttons.

Other than that, everything seems to be working fine.
I think you have inverted the plug from the head unit to the blue box. I did that too. Flip it and it will light up.

I'm still having problems tucking in the wires on top of the windshield. It won't hold.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I did the install a few days ago, definitely worth it!
Nope, just phone calls. I actually accidentally triggered a voice command to play an artist the other day, the Parrot kept the phone up long enough to figure out it wasn't a phone call and then disconnected.
hmm, actually I have a nokia e71 and I installed nokia maps thru nokia ovi suite.
my phone has a builtin gps. so I'm not using data. quite accurate, total shock.

with gps off, I can have radio on, so whne call comes in, it mutes the radio or switches to phone.

with gps on, the radio is no longer on, like streaming audio. so I should be able to listen to music thru bluetooth streaming from my phone.

I'm due for an upgrade, switching out from rogers to wind/mobilicity. I want data, looking at android phones but don't know which ones will or will not work with the parrot. is there an official list that's updated?

I wanted an iphone5 but doubt it'll be compatible. I will not be going with a blackberry.

·
Registered
170 Posts
hmm, actually I have a nokia e71 and I installed nokia maps thru nokia ovi suite.
my phone has a builtin gps. so I'm not using data. quite accurate, total shock.

with gps off, I can have radio on, so whne call comes in, it mutes the radio or switches to phone.

with gps on, the radio is no longer on, like streaming audio. so I should be able to listen to music thru bluetooth streaming from my phone.

I'm due for an upgrade, switching out from rogers to wind/mobilicity. I want data, looking at android phones but don't know which ones will or will not work with the parrot. is there an official list that's updated?

I wanted an iphone5 but doubt it'll be compatible. I will not be going with a blackberry.
I just got a nexus s. bluetooth didn't work with parot 5.09c
man firmware is so old. But I got it to pair and connect by downloading app in the market called bluetooth file transfer. It solved the connection, apparently the ns tried to send 6 digit pin instead of 4 digit pin when connecting. So I've got my bluetooth back. only problem is it doesn't stream audio. So I'll have to use aux in cable from another thread.

Thought this was important and wanted to share. it's not about how old firmware is. if you have android, you need that app to fix the pin pairing issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.