E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think most of the 0.9% CPOs are set to expire early May... anyone have any idea what's on the horizon for BMW CPO specials? I imagine they're going to push any 2008/2009 3-series out as fast as they can for the incoming new generation, so I would think they would continue to be good. But I'm speculating.

Anyone have any ideas? Looking to trade in my 325i for a 335xi :hmm:

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Obviously, there is no way to know, but it's probably a safe assumption that they'll be closing out new E9x's at discount prices and incentive rates - which will push down demand for CPO cars, resulting in better prices and incentives - likely more 'free payments' and extended terms for the .9% financing.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why is it obvious that there is no way to know? I would think someone working for a bank or for dealership financing might have an idea. I'm looking for specifics because I am on the market.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Anyone working for a bank or dealer financing cannot tell for sure because the factory is looking at inventory and profit numbers that very few people have access to. Even if you had access to them, you do not know how much money BMW will decide is necessary to move inventory. Also, what is the competition doing? It is all speculation.

If you want to speculate, check out the size of inventory in various dealer lots around you. If there is a big selection, then maybe the incentives will continue. If there is little inventory, the chances are not so good, but even still, what is the rest of the country doing?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Because the biggest factor in whether the incentives will improve is inventory levels. Inventory will be determined by current new E9x production, and for CPO's the # of leases expiring over the next few months and current owners trading up to the new model. While BMW financial has projections for all this, it's not the kind of information employees are free to release. If someone came out and said "dont' buy now, there's a whole glut of 2009's coming on the market and the incentives will be spectacular" that doesn't help current sales at all.

The best incentives on CPO's I've seen were in the winter of 2009 when the payment credit jumped to $2K over 2 months, and 60 month financing was at 3.9%. The current $1500 over 3 months is better for people that can't afford a high payment/down payment, but not as good for people who don't need a long time to pay off the loan. My bet is they'll extend 0.9% out to 48-60 months and offer lower pricing - and 2009 models will be eligible for the incentives as well.

I'm also in the market for a 2009 335i if the deals look good, but my current plan is to hold out for a CPO 2010 335is to replace the ZHP.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts