1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
130 Posts
I use G-05. G-48 is probably a better substitute. Whether or not the very slight difference in additives matters, I don't know.

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
I use G-05. G-48 is probably a better substitute. Whether or not the very slight difference in additives matters, I don't know.
I'm pretty sure the G-48 is blue too, saves getting flamed if you post pics of your cooling system. I have a local indie that carrys the BMW at a fair price.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2004 325i automagic
2,166 Posts
A couple of the nearby BMW dealers sell a gallon of coolant concentrate for about $25. Total cost with sales tax and a gallon of distilled water is $30 or less, or about $15 per gallon ... basically same cost as the aftermarket coolants.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Not sure if you're asking due to availability or cost.

Pentosin Pentofrost NF appears to be the OEM form of BMW coolant. Available in concentrate form at Advanced Auto, at least here in NC.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
E39 E90 E46 F10
4,908 Posts
I use the 50/50 stuff from Prestone. Possible side effect: Some E46Fanatics members may have an anurism.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I use the 50/50 stuff from Prestone. Possible side effect: Some E46Fanatics members may have an anurism.
Is that the green stuff? Hope you didn't mix the blue and green to get purple! ;-)

·
Registered
7,493 Posts
i use g-05

·
Registered
2004 325i automagic
2,166 Posts
+1 on Pentofrost NF. Been using it forever; never had a problem.
The Pentosin looks like its the same as the bmw coolant but it's very expensive if you buy the small 1.5 liter bottles for about $15 each.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I used to only use blue pentosin, but I realized I change my coolant at least one every 6 months so there is no point. Now it***8217;s all autozone green for $14. As long as you don***8217;t use Dex cool I think your good

·
Registered
2,269 Posts

Aneurism achieved.

·
Registered
451 Posts
"Aneurysm" and I don't even want to say that I use Supertech phosphate free ...." Myocardial infarction" will be next

1 - 20 of 20 Posts