BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to generate an interest on people who are interested in purchasing the product below:

http://www.intravention.co.uk/Intravee-100/index.html

This uses the fast Alpine AINET to connect the CHA-S634 to a standard BMW RDS Unit instead of the slow M-BUS (which Soundlinx and Blitz Adaptor's use).

I would like to start a list of people interested in purchasing this product, price will roughly be £100 pounds. The beauty of this unit is that it can even display ID3 Tags and sub-folder navigation.

Last time no interest was generated so Simon (the developer) scrapped the project, he is willing to make a few units for E46 Fanatics if there's enough interest. Lets all help out!

Thanks.

·
E46-free since 10-13-06
5,344 Posts
How much is 100 pounds sterling in US dollars? I'd be willing to pay a reasonable price for one of these adapter units.

I have an Alpine CHA S634 and it would be awesome to be able to see MP3 titles and CD Text on the radio display. :thumbup:

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi.

dabait said:
Right now, it looks like it'd be close to $180 USD ... I really like the product idea, but $180 is a bit higher than I'm likely to pay... perhaps I could stand paying $150.
Please register on Simon's site and voice your view's on the forum, I'm going to be a beta tester for him and will post results on this site.

If your not happy with the price, let him know, maybe he can do something if there's enough interest! :thumbup:

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For CarFreak

CarFreak said:
Very interested. Please let me know: [email protected]
Make sure you register on the site so Simon can send you an email about updates and product release.

Thx.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Register on site

Sicily1918 said:
That would def. be cool.... I'm in. We let him know how -- drop a PM here or e-mail the company?
Please register on Simon's site for updates.

Thanks. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
i think your boy can do very well with that product. he just has to market his product in the right market at the right price.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Iv100

Smittyjf said:
Hey Tichx,
I contacted Simon a few days ago myself.
Very nice guy.
I can't wait no matter what the price, Even a kit form.
Hopefully soon in the US. I think he would do very well, especially the way the soundgate adapter dosent perform well.
Smitty
Smitty,

Yep your right, Simon is a nice guy, I am very lucky to be one of the first beta testers! I used to have the Soundlinx Adaptor, this one is much quicker and the sound quality is much better (I could not believe how much of a difference the IV100 was! :craig: )

I will post some pictures over the weekend of how the screen looks with the mp3 tags on my 4:3 satnav screen.

Regards,

Tich.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sound Quality

carlosmonroy said:
CD sound quality is the same or will it be any improvements over the standard changer?
I've had both and I definitely noticed better sound quality with the Intervee 100 and the Alpine CHA-634 changer.

I used to have a Soundlinx adaptor instead of the Intervee 100 before; as the Intervee uses the Alpine AINET and not the MBUS the sound quality seems to be louder and crisper...I LOVE IT! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanxs Tichx. :thumbup:

IMHO the source -cd and tape, fm is a little bit better- in our cars is the limiting factor to sound quality
and should be addressed first. I wanted to change the HU since day one, but I don`t want to loose tape
reply and steering wheel controls and alarms integration.
This could be a simple but efective source upgrade although I know myself and eventualy the stock HU
will be replaced with a top unit -Alpine F1, Clarion, Nak or similar.

Carlos

·
Registered
470 Posts
What's happening with this? Any updates?

I can't seem to connect to that intravention website :dunno:

·
Registered
304 Posts
Merli said:
What's happening with this? Any updates?

I can't seem to connect to that intravention website :dunno:
Simon had a problem with his ADSL connection, try http://www.intravention.co.uk/www/ it should work now. The unit is still being tested, the hardware is just about finalised (a possible minor modification has just been discovered), and some units are being assembled for a couple of U.S. testers. The software is still at a quite early stage, but even now functionality wise it's much better than using any of the other Alpine->iBus adaptors out there (Soundgate http://www.soundgate.com/ , SoundLinx http://www.soundlinx.co.uk/ , ICD http://www.icd-ltd.com/ etc.).

There are two invaluable features that the Intravee has that no one else offers:

1) Folder navigation.
2) File/Folder/ID3 Tag display on the factory head unit, this includes the standard Business Radio (one line only), the Radio Nav display, LCD monitors with pre V19 software (no split screen) and V19 software upwards (latest is V24.1 software). You can see photos of the various types on the website.

The only other way I know of to get that sort of functionality is with an iPod interface (and even those do not quite match this from what I've seen, but of course you can use your iPod for other things) or a full car PC running software like CarX, CarAmp, Varan etc. which requires a lot more work, the Intravee is a simple plug and play device which is as easy to install as the other Alpine->iBus adaptors mentioned above. If you have the wires for the stock CD changer (which most cars do) it takes less than 5 minutes to install the Intravee and Alpine changer.

There are a few other nice to have features, for example, when using FF and RW you give a long press on the next/prev track buttons and it stays in FF or RW mode until you press them again.

But currently, unless you can persuade Simon that you should be one of his chosen testers, you will have to wait for now.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts