BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got back from a trip 2days ago that i was gone for bout a week and when i came back my baby wouldnt start. So i tried jumping it and it still didnt start, so i called the tow truck and they started it up wit their big battery and ****. The guy said that most of these new cars for some reason sometimes just die on u if u leave them over a long period of time without driving it or anything. So I'm wondering why is that i mean my mom had the same problem wit her jag stype(now has 745li) everytime she wouldnt drive it for like a week or 2 the battery would just drain out of power and i guess the same thing happened to my beemer was up wit that.

·
Registered
968 Posts
How long was your trip?

I was gone for a week and I got back to 20 degree weather and no start. The parking lot had a battery charger and it started no prob. I replaced the battery because my car is 3.5 years old. No probs since.

I did learn that if you are planning on storing your car long term there is a fuse you are s'posed to pull so the clock doesn't wear your battery down. I think this is for a month or more.

I would take it in for a diag test. Your battery may still be under warranty. Good luck!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
whoa that battery charger thing looks filthy haha im actually thinkin bout getting one never know when im gonna need it i mean damn i was gone for a week and my car didnt start up and ive had my car for only like 7months:)

·
I SHOP @ TURNER MOTORSPORT
765 Posts
I was gone on a trip for 60 days and my car started like a champ. It is being shipped over to the States as we speak. Would be in transit for about 50 days. We will see what happens.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts