BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tested my motion sensor and tilt sensor on my 330i, and it does not work. I took it to the dealer (Niello, Sacramento), and the service advisor told me that those 2 options have not been available for 2 years as the FCC required them to be removed.

As the manual still states they are features, the dealership has had to refund people who purchased the product and are unsatified that the product does not do what it is described to do.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Upon further investigation, I understand the 5 and 7 series still have the feature, but the Z and 330s do not.

·
No more mods
307 Posts
I open my window and wait for 30 seconds. Put my hand inside the car. It work. I think the dealer is BS

·
Network Analyst
3,487 Posts
jimdan said:
I tested my motion sensor and tilt sensor on my 330i, and it does not work. I took it to the dealer (Niello, Sacramento), and the service advisor told me that those 2 options have not been available for 2 years as the FCC required them to be removed.
The guy's an idiot. Talk to someone else or go to a different dealership.

The dealer has to program those options in. Also, when you do get it fully programmed make sure that your autolocking door features still works before you leave the lot (assuming you use that feature).

dave

·
No more mods
307 Posts
I think a lot of people have the same problem before too. And they just went back to the dealer to re-program it.

·
unregistered user
825 Posts
That's :bs: dude. The serivce manager is telling you a story. All features of my alarm work....as well as my DEI shock sensor.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts