BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, my car arrived in my dealer's showroom yesterday. i also ordered chrome door strips, and handles. the car is a BMW 330Ci imola red. its stock, it doesn't have the sports package or ZHP (performance package).
he called me as soon as it arrived there, and i loved the car as is! and i was scared incase the chrome door strips and chrome door handles might make it look ****! and screw up the elegant lines of the car. therefore, i am asking if anyone here could just do a photoshop and make the colour-coded door handles and exterior strip along the doors, into CHROME (the same as around the windows on the exterior. i took a pic of the car, ut it aint great. i was tooo excited and shaky wen i first saw the car. the car is still at the dealer because its still not detailed nor registered.
If anyone out there could do a quick photoshop with the chrome linings, i would really appreciate it, that way i will know if i should go ahead with the chrome, or leave it as is.

Attachments

·
A bimmer chick moderator :)
48,236 Posts
ewww chrome door strips and handles??? :thumbdwn:

Congrats on your ride, I love the imola red :D

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeh, thanks for comments. fellas..i know wat ur saying..and heeps of people are telling me it wont look right. BUT, i really ant to see how it might look with the chrome strips (its a genuine BMW accessory!!) if someone could just photshop it...wat do i dO?? :dunno: that way..i wont regret any changes and stuff....anyone could give me a hand please?

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
NEVER EVER do that!

I have seen many BMWs with chrome door handles and trims in my country. I HATE it so much I want to kill the owners... It makes the car looks sooooooo stupid. Believe me, you're gonna regret it if you do that.

·
Registered
7,768 Posts
The 3 series in my country (UAE) comes with the chrome handles and the trims

here's an old pic of my car

sorry for the bad quality

·
call me kev :D
6,320 Posts
there is not a single piece on my car that's chrome, you can tell how much i and most hate the idea of chrome :thumbdwn: please don't do it

it's just bad

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
e46boy said:
there is not a single piece on my car that's chrome, you can tell how much i and most hate the idea of chrome :thumbdwn: please don't do it

it's just bad
im pretty sure you have at least something chrome on ur car.. like ur interior door handle. =)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the pic Ua3. I am just trying to imagine how it may look on an imola red paint..with the chrome. Does anyone know how to photoshop my pic? or its not possible?

·
Banned
621 Posts
Ohrid said:
hey guys, my car arrived in my dealer's showroom yesterday. i also ordered chrome door strips, and handles. the car is a BMW 330Ci imola red. its stock, it doesn't have the sports package or ZHP (performance package).
he called me as soon as it arrived there, and i loved the car as is! and i was scared incase the chrome door strips and chrome door handles might make it look ****! and screw up the elegant lines of the car. therefore, i am asking if anyone here could just do a photoshop and make the colour-coded door handles and exterior strip along the doors, into CHROME (the same as around the windows on the exterior. i took a pic of the car, ut it aint great. i was tooo excited and shaky wen i first saw the car. the car is still at the dealer because its still not detailed nor registered.
If anyone out there could do a quick photoshop with the chrome linings, i would really appreciate it, that way i will know if i should go ahead with the chrome, or leave it as is.
I thought the only red for the 330ci 2004 was Electric Red?? Those a nice M135 wheels man, complete the deal with a rear lip!!!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Gucki83 said:
Dont do it!

Why does that red 330Ci ZHP above have chrome window trim?
the car is a 330Ci Individual. The body kit is standard 3-series coupe. it has Imola Red paint, M135 wheels, sunroof, H&K sound system, alarm, sports suspension, 231hp, 221lb/f engine, 6-speed manual, beige leather, with beige upolstry and mertle wood trim inside. and to top it off, i ordered the chrome door trim and handles..but i told the dealer to hold it off for now, and i may put the on later. the picture was taken, the day it arrived at the dealership. i am picking up the car tomorow morning!!, and i'll have new pics of it if u guys want, sometime tomorow arvo. The reason i didnt get the ZHP package, was coz i didn't like the black roof lining, i wanted it all light-coloured!. i dunno..for me, i prefer the car to look more clasy, without making it look tacky. that is why...i don't know wat i should do with the chrome trim. my dealer said, i can always take them off and put the original colour coded trims back on.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts