BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys & girls

I'm a newbie to this fantastic looking forum, and a new owner of a 328Ci. Really pleased with the car, everything I hoped for, which a great set of options. I have posted up a picture below.

However, shortly after picking up the car I noticed that it had a coolant leak. I had it checked out at BMW during the Inspection 2 service and the service manager said it looks like the radiator has been damaged at some point.

I subsequently took it too an independant garage to get the works done, however, upon further inspection it appears that the radiator has actually expanded & warped, and the water pump / thermostat have failed. They were concerned that the cause of the problem was too great for them to deal with so they advised me to take it back to BMW.

I was wondering whether any of you guys have had a similar problem in the past, and if you know what the cause of the problem might be?

Any help / advise would be greatly appreciated

Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers for the link! Must have got a radiator that was built on a Friday - oh well, hopefully it isn't the result of anything more serious.

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts