BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I got a bmw 320i e46 - 05 (m54 engine) i got a missfire on cylinder 2 and I have done a couple of tests, i swapped places with the sparkplug module and sparkplug with another cylinder, i also swapped places on the fuel injector but the missfire does not swap cylinder. Any help would be Great.

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
What is/are the code(s)? How many miles on the car? Is the fuel pump original? When was the fuel filter last changed? Where are you located?

·
Registered
3 Posts
What is/are the code(s)? How many miles on the car? Is the fuel pump original? When was the fuel filter last changed? Where are you located?
I got a code that said the fuel injector was faulty so i swapped it with cylinder 1 but it was still cylinder 2 missfireing. The meter i currently at 220 000 km. I dont actually know about the fuel filter, i am located in sweden.

Thanks for response

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
There's no code that states that a fuel injector is bad. Remember that codes are symptoms, and not solutions. So, please tell us the actual code.

When there's a problem in the fuel system the engine computer (DME) can throw some odd codes. Typically, the fuel system problem is related to inadequate fuel pressure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
There's no code that states that a fuel injector is bad. Remember that codes are symptoms, and not solutions. So, please tell us the actual code.

When there's a problem in the fuel system the engine computer (DME) can throw some odd codes. Typically, the fuel system problem is related to inadequate fuel pressure.
Well the code was in german so pretty hard to ubderstand but it was something about fuel injector

1 - 6 of 6 Posts