E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 2002 BMW 330ci, I just got oem led tail lights. I also just went to the junkyard to get a new LCM sw 3.6. I saw some guides on coding the lsz to avoid the tamper dot but I wondering what is the best way to do it? I have both PA Soft and NCS expert. I am looking for some advice from someone who has done this coding before. Thank you.

·
//Binary is in my DNA
2002 BMW 325i
4,456 Posts
Hello, I have a 2002 BMW 330ci, I just got oem led tail lights. I also just went to the junkyard to get a new LCM sw 3.6. I saw some guides on coding the lsz to avoid the tamper dot but I wondering what is the best way to do it? I have both PA Soft and NCS expert. I am looking for some advice from someone who has done this coding before. Thank you.
There are several members here that have recoded the VIN and mileage on the E46 when changing to a used LCM. Here are the instructions I used when I did mine and went without a hitch using BMW Scanner 1.4 (PA Soft 1.4). 10 minutes and tamper dot gone. Let us know if you need any help.

PASoft LCM Coding v1.1.zip

Once the tamper dot is gone, you will still need to copy the vehicle order from the IKE to LCM. Just select copy ZCS/FA coding. Then select IKE--->LCM

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw those instructions those were the ones I was going to follow but I wasn***8217;t sure if I had to copy the VO order. Thank you for clearing that part up. What version of the Lcm did you upgrade to? I***8217;m upgrading from a pre 2002 lcm to an lcm with sw version 3.6. The new LCM came from a 2005.

·
//Binary is in my DNA
2002 BMW 325i
4,456 Posts
I saw those instructions those were the ones I was going to follow but I wasn't sure if I had to copy the VO order. Thank you for clearing that part up. What version of the Lcm did you upgrade to? I'm upgrading from a pre 2002 lcm to an lcm with sw version 3.6. The new LCM came from a 2005.
I retrofitted the C36 LCM hw with 4.0 sw so I could get the one touch triple blink turn signals mostly. But I did add brake force display since my original LCM was early 2002 and didn't have the firmware to enable. I also added the european switch plate with a rear fog button and programmed that as well. :thumbup:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1120554

·
Registered
575 Posts
If you are changing the LCM because of LED tails then you will need both Pasoft and NCS Expert. Pasoft to change the odometer and VIN of the LCM, then NCS Expert to add the LEDH option (if your uses FA and not the older ZCS) in the VO. Even if not changing the VO, it's good practice to code the LCM with a blank .MAN file so it will be coded to the default settings of your car.

·
//Binary is in my DNA
2002 BMW 325i
4,456 Posts
How do I code the LCM with a blank man file using ncs expert?
Open up NCS Expert. Pull the LCM .trc file using the codeiren_lessen command. Save it just in case you ever need to go back. Open up the .man file in the same directory and make sure it's blank. Send that .man file back to the LCM using the sg_coderin command.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts