BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i went to Doncaster BMW today to have a look at some cars. Top on my list was the BMW 135i. I wasnt there for long and didnt see one however i did stumble across a 125i coupe. Looking at it reminds me of the e46 but with better lines and sharper edges. It is really a fantastic looking car. after walking around it and making some grunting noises and some 'wows' and 'yeahs' i then opened the door and sat inside it. The door felt a bit light and the only way to close the door from the inside was from an arm rest holder thingy that was too far down the front of the door(made it hard to close the door). After getting over that small design flaw i planted my eyes on the chunkiest M steering wheel with paddles. The interior was super comfy and supportive and the black with silver trim was absolutely beautiful. This car is definantly a new favourite and i havnt even driven it yet. Space in the backseats was quite small however there would be enough room for a group of mates going on a small trip comfortably. I really want to take this bad boy for a test drive and listen to the note she makes. I think the new 1 series coupes and convertibles are such a good value for money car.

Just my two cents, what does everyone else think of them?

·
Banned
205 Posts
i absolutely loved the 135i i drove!! (i wasnt thinking that i was going to like it, but i really did) I know how you feel about the door grab handles (same with the x3; theyre positioned too far forward for shutting a long coupe door i think (a very small quibble, and something i had gotten used to by the end of the test drive) but i think the door handles look really good; like some piece of bang and olufsen art). I thought differently of the back seat though: i was expecting to see a much smaller back seat given the cars appearance/size from the outside. The only real gaff i have with the car isnt with the physical car, its with the pricing. I wish they had priced it low enough to where you wouldnt be thinking "well if i add $3-5k i can upgrade to a much more practical and arguably prettier 3 series coupe" Awesome car nonetheless. Id trade in my e46 in a second for "1"

·
Premium Member
2,213 Posts
I ahevn't driven a 1 but have seen a few of the 135's driving around Briso.

I must say that they look very nice from the outside and the twin-turbo engine makes it a bit of a monster-in-waiting. With some modifications, like any turbo car, thie thing will be a rocket.

What put me off though is the fact, like the new 3 series coupe, is that the vehicle is only a 4 seater.

I had always wanted an M3 but thought that maybe a 135i or a E92 325i might be more sensible - you know not a sfocused, bought brand new etc etc. However, who would have thought that an M3 would be a more practical car that the 2 mentioned above?

That is why I have an M3 now parked in my garage at night.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Looking at it reminds me of the e46 but with better lines and sharper edges. It is really a fantastic looking car.
:confused: do you have the same 1ers in Australia?

·
Registered
562 Posts
I thought the 135i was an awesome bit of kit when I had a drive of it in the wet. Drove there and home in a modded Evo 8 so it was a good comparison - the 135i had PLENTY of grip.

I'd buy one in a second, but seeing as my old man did, I can just borrow his :D

·
Registered
579 Posts
Had a good look at a 135 coupe a week or so ago with Benny the Kid. Got the chance to compare it to my 130i four door. The interior is very similar if not identical. I should mention that the 130i is brilliant. Best BMW steering wheel ever and best off the showroom exhaust note ever.

I would be all over a 135i coupe.

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
:drool:

yet to see a 135i on the road, but theres plenty of 130i's around, and lots of 120,118,116, with the M-Kit, i really dont think BMW should let them have the M-Kit, it kind of lets down the more powerful, better 135i, but i guess to some people it doesnt matter. Meh.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
135 looks like a toy car. Maybe if it was all in black would look half-decent. Sorry best BMW shape ever made is the E46. They got it spot on

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
a mate has ordered a 135 coupe in jet black which get delivered in oct i think so really looking forward to taking it for a burn after he gets the AA stuff done :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts