E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

I have an Australian delivery BMW Nov-2001 330ci that has bean upgraded to a 16:9 Navigation display with the MK III Navigation computer.

I have purchased a Bluetooth ULF Module from ebay model 84216945387 Sep-2004

Before purchasing the rest of the parts and to test the ULF Module I disconnected the battery, connected the ULF to the plug on the boot of the car and reconnected the battery.

The Nav/Radio will not turn on. If I disconnect the ULF it works fine again.

Do I need to have the other parts (like the Bluetooth antenna) for it to work or do I have a faulty / incompatible ULF Module?

Any help would be appreciated.

Peter

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
You have the BITII interface and you need the ULF pinout. There is an adaptor available from BMW, or you can rewire the one you have by popping the pins out and swapping them around. Check this thread for some photos. I'm afraid I don't know the part number.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that info Arty.

I don't seem to be able to get precise info on the 54 ping cable adapter part number or the pin outs for it.
The BMW dealer has no idea either.
Could anyone that has this info please post it.
Thanks in advance.
Peter

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Check out the WDS here. Seach for telematics or ULF to find the pinout of the ULF. Seach fir Siemens to find the BITII.

Luckily, all you really need are PWR, GND, IBUS, TELNF+ and TELNF-, MIC + and MIC- to get the ULF going. You will need to connect PWR and the pairing button for the eject box, possibly ILLUM too. ULF needs a pairing button or Navcoder to initiate pairing.

All the other wires to the eject box are for legacy systems with a handset up front.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Help! I'm still confused!

As per your advice, I've looked at the WDS but I have not been able to see any match to my 54 pin harness.

Below is my harness pin and wire colours.

I would really appreciate help with this or if anyone knows the part no. for the adapter cable to fit my ULF. The BMW dealer has no idea what I'm talking about.

1. White
2. White
3. Blue/Yellow Stripe
4. Green
5. -
6. Black/Green Stripe
7. Blue
8. White/Violet Stripe
9. -
10. -
11. -
12. Violet/White Stripe