BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched and I cannot find any answer to this. On soft bumps, like going over a paved over pot hole, not a speed bump or anything, sometimes by Bluetooth on my 2005 production date of 2004-10-22 MkIV nav cuts off the stereo for several seconds and then says "Sorry" or "System Off" after no sound for about 30 to 60 seconds.

Sometimes it also displays a speed dial number from the directory and if I touch or say anything it starts dialing, or if it hears a sound from the radio or car, it starts dialing. The easiest way to stop from happening this seems to be by powering off the phone.

There must be some loose part, wire or module activating the phone. Does anyone know what that might be, or should I just take it to the dealer, open wallet, and ask them to take whatever they want?

·
Premium Member
7,690 Posts
I've searched and I cannot find any answer to this. On soft bumps, like going over a paved over pot hole, not a speed bump or anything, sometimes by Bluetooth on my 2005 production date of 2004-10-22 MkIV nav cuts off the stereo for several seconds and then says "Sorry" or "System Off" after no sound for about 30 to 60 seconds.

Sometimes it also displays a speed dial number from the directory and if I touch or say anything it starts dialing, or if it hears a sound from the radio or car, it starts dialing. The easiest way to stop from happening this seems to be by powering off the phone.

There must be some loose part, wire or module activating the phone. Does anyone know what that might be, or should I just take it to the dealer, open wallet, and ask them to take whatever they want?
Is this the original bluetooth TCU from 2005? If so, replace it with the newer module. Works much better anyhow.

·
Premium Member
7,690 Posts
www.getbmpwarts.com has a good price on it. They want a core for your old module, but it's plug and play. If you want the voice recognition to work, you need to have it flashed, but Bluetooth works out of the box--and works much better with newer phones. The TCU from my wife's 2006 X3 didn't work with my OS7 BlackBerry for instance--I swapped in the above part # and everything worked perfectly...

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Got the new module installed and all I get is the center red light on the nav unit glowing. The unit is recognized by my phone, but since it was paired with another pass key, I went ahead and deleted it on the phone. Still just a red light on the nav. I can't find the obsolete phone cradle, but the sneeze button is still intact. Any suggestions?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts