BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first time posting here and just thought I would put something useful info here. So for those of you interested in bluetooth these part numbers are supposed to be retro-fit kits. Got the info off of bm3w:

European and US E46 3-Series Coupe and Sedan:

84 64 0 152 501 BMW Bluetooth Retrofit Kit
(from 03/2002 with option 640)

84 64 0 153 221 BMW Bluetooth Retrofit Kit
(from 03/2001 without option 640)

European and US E46 3-Series Convertible:

84 64 0 152 504 BMW Bluetooth Retrofit Kit

84 64 0 153 223 BMW Bluetooth Retrofit Kit

European and US E46 3-Series Touring:

84 64 0 152 502 BMW Bluetooth Retrofit Kit

84 64 0 153 219 BMW Bluetooth Retrofit Kit

Was wondering if anybody was able to order this option w/ the car. Similar to a special order ( option code is 644). And option 640, if your wondering is prewiring for cell phone which I believe all U.S. bound cars have.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bluetooth is a technology where transcievers are incorporated in electronic products to allow them to communicate and transfer information amongst one another. It's like having a wireless network w/out installing all those freaking cards and routers. A lot of products are being released w/ these bluetooth transcievers already in there circuitry, such as pda's and cell phones.

Particular w/ BMW, bluetooth will allow you to have use of the steering wheel and typical cell phone associated functions w/ nav and steering wheel (transfer of address book, phone numbers, etc.) w/ any bluetooth enabled phone. This will all be done wirelessly and the phone only has too be w/in 30 ft. of the car (whilst the car is on of course). And they have cradles which will be released periodically to enable charging of the cell phone. In addition in the future I hear you will be able to download car diagnostic tests and other info., such as service indicating intervals and needed replacement from sensors and log this info onto your PDA.

The cradles that were mentioned are as follows:

84 21 6 925 216 Ericsson T39 Snap-in Adapter
84 21 6 930 108 Nokia 6310 Snap-in Adapter

The bluetooth phones which are available right now are the Ericsson T39 and T68i, and the Nokia 6130i.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Here's a solution that is supposed to be very nice. You won't be able to use your steering wheel controls tho, but it does tie into your stereo and mutes the radio when a call comes in....

It's called Parrot, and they have a couple of different systems
http://www.say-parrot.com/parrot/uk/index_eng.htm

Chip-

Oh and a note about bluetooth, real world range is about 15 feet tho for some reason, not that it matters in this case, just an FYI.

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
13,182 Posts
hi nice to have you

and what would you like to know. i have a phone in my m3 its the
motorola timeport. can i hook up to bluetooth on it. its the 8000
bobm3 ;) ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you wouldn't be able to connect to your car from your phone via bluetooth transcievers b/c your phone, neither your car are bluetooth enabled...but you have all the functionality that the bluetooth phone would give you w/ your car kit (assuming you have the bmw phone and car kit)...only thing is that you'd be stuck w/ the phone in the future, where as w/ the bluetooth retrofit you would be able to connect w/ phones you'd buy in the future if they were bluetooth enabled...also if they upgrade the system to be able to download system information (such as car diagnostics) aforementioned you wouldn't be able to do it w/ your current setup.

And thanks for the welcome...I still don't quite feel like I belong because my car has yet to arrive...But I appreciate the sentiment.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Can you give the link to where you found this?

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have ordered blue tooth on my new 330D Sport Tourer, I pick it up from Munich early Jan so I will let you know how it is.

·
Europrojektz NW
989 Posts
I prefer using my T68i w/ the Bluetooth headset...I don't see the point in retrofitting this unless its directly integrated from the factory...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well the retro-fit kit will give you the functionality of the steering wheel and nav based controls for your cell phone. So it would be like having the BMW CPT 8000 kit but instead w/ a phone you already have (as far as functionality) at a much lower cost than the $1600-2000 kit that BMW currently offers here in the U.S.

·
Diesel Power
358 Posts
I am interested as well, especially if we can intergrate the steering controls as well.

·
The Man
350 Posts
I actually looked into this the other day. If you check www.bmw.co.uk you can order your 3 series with the bluetooth option. They say the bluetooth option is a dealer installed option and will be availabe in the US some time early 03. I have already tried contacting by email a number of bmw dealerships in england to see if i can order the option from them but they never responded. My phone is already bluetooth compatable (sony ericsson t68i) and i can't wait to get this option. Does anybody have this feature overseas yet. If so how is it working out for you?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm not sure how you can tell if your car has option 640. Although this is an option in Europe this is supposed to come standard w/ all vehicles sent to the U.S. The option is the cell phone pre-wiring.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts