BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys'

I've just picked up a 2005 330 convertible, it said with bluetooth connectivity. But my Iphone doesn't see it. On the centre consule there is a phone connector position, but I can't see how this would connect to an Iphone. Plus this negates the whole point of bluetooth... Any words of wisdom???

Cheers in advance for your advice.

·
Registered
974 Posts
You'll have to pair your phone to your car. You should have got a dedicated booklet for the Nav system which explains the pairing process...or...do a search on the forums, plenty of threads to read. GL.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hi Guys'

I've just picked up a 2005 330 convertible, it said with bluetooth connectivity. But my Iphone doesn't see it. On the centre consule there is a phone connector position, but I can't see how this would connect to an Iphone. Plus this negates the whole point of bluetooth... Any words of wisdom???

Cheers in advance for your advice.
I have a 2005 330cic - it did not come with Bluetooth, though I had BMW assist. I do not have Navigation, so maybe that is how it connects(?).

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just under your armrest is there specific button. I have the same car and phone as you previous owner removed the button and console to place in aftermarket cup holder

·
Registered
974 Posts
Apparently Aussie BMW's are Euro spec as far as the BT connection goes, US cars use a different system.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've seen others that have had problems with iphones pairing. For me I had to open up the trunk and find the module and get the code, once I did that I didn't have to push any buttons, just put phone is search mode and turn the key to position 1 or 2 and the phone found the car and ask you to enter the code. This was with a black berry curve and 2005 M3.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've seen others that have had problems with iphones pairing. For me I had to open up the trunk and find the module and get the code, once I did that I didn't have to push any buttons, just put phone is search mode and turn the key to position 1 or 2 and the phone found the car and ask you to enter the code. This was with a black berry curve and 2005 M3.
This^^^. But I just had my buddy (a BMW tech) run diagnostics and he got me the radio code for my Business CD player. Have your phone search, then enter the code.

·
Registered
14 Posts
one thing to note that I didn't get much help with on the forums. My stickers that give you the pass code were not on the visible face of the silver module in the trunk. So at first after reading the post on here I thought oh crap no stickers so no blue tooth. So I go out and buy a Motorola Speedster blue tooth speaker. I get in the car to pair my phone to it and it finds two devices the Motorola and BMW. I was like WTF? So I went on ebay and searched BMW blue tooth and saw the pictures of the silver box and noticed that some of the pics showed that the stickers were on the back. So I go out to the garage take the trunk apart again and take the module off and flip it over and there they were. So I took one sticker and put it in the back of the glove box and the other on the visible side of the module. Just a tip for others that are having trouble finding the code for the blue tooth.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts