BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the limited availability of bluetooth enabled cell phones, I was thinking that maybe you could get the Motorola Timeport 270, which has been discontinued. This cell phone could be bought cheap and it is bluetooth enabled. (Can anyone confirm this?)

This way you wouldn't be spending an arm and a leg for a new bluetooth phone that you don't even like (given the limited choices) and you could wait for new bluetooth phones to come out in the comming months.

Question: Who would be your provider for the MT270 and do you think this idea would work?

Basically I hate the idea of spending a lot of money for a cell phone and service that I don't even like. Sprint and Verizon need to get off of their ASS and get with the program!!!! OUT!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
hey i'm pretty sure that phone doesn't have bluetooth. What cellular service do u have?? if you have at&t, t-mobile or cingular, there are a couple of cheap phones that have bluetooth. There is a Sony Ericsson T68i that you could get for $100 unlocked.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm with Sprint, and I wish that they had Bluetooth. I've never had a problem with their reception, even down here in Mount Vernon where most people can hardly get any reception. (because of the Potomac River) I may just do that though, get Bluetooth wired in my car and get a cheap Bluetooth cell phone until some real good ones come out.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea, I called Motorola about the V600 and the dude didn't know what I was talking about. Must be too new. I also want the V600, I currently have a Motorola StaTac and it is a great phone.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
iluhdis said:
what is this bluetooth technology do?

It is a wireless (radio I think) technology that enables you to:

1) sync your phone to a computer/PDA (to transfer stuff)
2) sync your phone to another phone w/BT
3) Use a wireless earpiece that works off BT or a handfree system in your car.

Maybe a few other things, but that's most of it

·
Registered
114 Posts
bluetooth is the best. with the sony ericsson T610 they have a remote control car u put on the ground, and you can control it wirelessly with your phone. You could get a bluetooth car kit and keep your phone on your clip, and when somebody calls you, your music will mute and you could say answer and it will pick it up. You never need to remove your phone from your hip. And if you get sick of your phone and want a different one, get a bluetooth one and you don't need a new car kit. My girl is getting me this new bluetooth hands free wireless headset for christmas...

it's pretty sick. But i can't wait anymore, I want the dam V600 soooo bad!!! :D :D

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
TriXteR said:
bluetooth is the best. with the sony ericsson T610 they have a remote control car u put on the ground, and you can control it wirelessly with your phone. You could get a bluetooth car kit and keep your phone on your clip, and when somebody calls you, your music will mute and you could say answer and it will pick it up. You never need to remove your phone from your hip. And if you get sick of your phone and want a different one, get a bluetooth one and you don't need a new car kit. My girl is getting me this new bluetooth hands free wireless headset for christmas...

it's pretty sick. But i can't wait anymore, I want the dam V600 soooo bad!!! :D :D
I think I'm going to get the kit after Christmas. Looking at Adam's DIY, I think that I can do the install hopefully without any problems.

I've got to have this technology!!!:dunno:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts