BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am riding on Pss9's on my 330i and have recently heard strange noises coming from the shocks. I checked out the shocks and to my suprise, one of my rear tires seems to be riding on nothing but springs. I have heard that PSS9's have a tendency to go bad because of a prematurely worren out washer. I want to know if anyone else has had this problem, and where I can get replacement washers for it.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Has the shock disengaged from the lower shock mount? If so, you need to reattach and place a large washer under the head of the bolt that holds the lower shock mount to the suspension arm. You can get the washer at any hardware store.

·
Banned
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have any idea what size the washer is? I would like to buy them from the local hardware store.

Banker said:
Has the shock disengaged from the lower shock mount? If so, you need to reattach and place a large washer under the head of the bolt that holds the lower shock mount to the suspension arm. You can get the washer at any hardware store.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts