E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys just wanted some advice...
i have a 2000 323i with 130xxx miles i have put a bunch of new part to my engine like water pump, belts, sparkplugs idler pulley, fuel pump, rad, expansion tank, new thermostats...etc..But my heads have gone bad this is he second time. the first time i got them done the car ran great for 50xxx miles and then my wife drove the car :ben: and u guys know the rest heads blew again. my question is ... would it be a good idea t rebuild the heads again or just find an engine with less miles ??? looking at cost wise thanks in avance for your help...

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Did you have the head shaved/machined?

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Hi guys just wanted some advice...
i have a 2000 323i with 130xxx miles i have put a bunch of new part to my engine like water pump, belts, sparkplugs idler pulley, fuel pump, rad, expansion tank, new thermostats...etc..But my heads have gone bad this is he second time. the first time i got them done the car ran great for 50xxx miles and then my wife drove the car :ben: and u guys know the rest heads blew again. my question is ... would it be a good idea t rebuild the heads again or just find an engine with less miles ??? looking at cost wise thanks in avance for your help...
You have no idea what youre talking about, do you? There is only one head in our cars and it doesnt blow up, its not a firework .

When you say your head blew and you got it done.... what does it even mean ? what blew ? what got done ? what was the actual procedure that was done? was it the blown headgasket that was replaced or what ?

·
Registered
358 Posts
I think that with the title of this post one could easily deduce that the OP is talking about a blown head gasket.:lmao:

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
thanks i guess i was not cleared enough....lol
So....? Do you plan on answering the legitimate questions? Was the head machined? OEM headgasket? New head studs? We're here to help! Just need more details.

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
I think that with the title of this post one could easily deduce that the OP is talking about a blown head gasket.:lmao:
Didnt pay much attention to the title but what OP wrote makes absolutely no sense

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Didnt pay much attention to the title but what OP wrote makes absolutely no sense
It makes sense... He just obviously knows nothing about cars in general. Probably thinks his car is a V6. Cut the guy some slack.

With the cooling systems failing all the time on the e46, I wouldn't doubt that one part of your cooling system went bad the first time, let's say water pump, then you replaced the water pump, while ignoring all the other cooling system parts... Then 50k later another part broke, lets say the expansion tank. Then your wife is driving and doesn't notice the temp gauge, just like you didn't the first time, and BOOM-another blown HG. Seems right to me, just lack of preventative maintenance...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It makes sense... He just obviously knows nothing about cars in general. Probably thinks his car is a V6. Cut the guy some slack.

With the cooling systems failing all the time on the e46, I wouldn't doubt that one part of your cooling system went bad the first time, let's say water pump, then you replaced the water pump, while ignoring all the other cooling system parts... Then 50k later another part broke, lets say the expansion tank. Then your wife is driving and doesn't notice the temp gauge, just like you didn't the first time, and BOOM-another blown HG. Seems right to me, just lack of preventative maintenance...
Sorry dint think i needed to explain every single detailed assumed i was asking for help from people that were somewhat knowledgeable. and yes it was lack of maintance but thats not what i was asking.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
If you ask for advice and our opinion then we need every detail. Not it has this many miles and blows head gaskets often. What could cause this? That's like going to the doctor and saying my body aches and demanding a diagnosis.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.