E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The ac went out in my brothers 330i, the fan would not turn on at all. We change the FSR and tryed again but nothing happened. So we took it to an shop and they said the blower motor was bad. We took the motor out and checked the motor with a battery charger and it spun. we put it back in the car and it wont spin?? fuses are good, FSR has been change, and the Blower motor spins(only outside the car).... i need help??:banghead:

·
Registered
2016 340i xD 6-spd
26,982 Posts
was the fsr you used oe? Did you check the fuse?

Next up would probably be the hvac unit itself, I think, but don't quote me on that!

·
Old City Bimmer
320 Posts
There is a relay that controls that. Sound like it went bad. Search for a/c not blowing air. There are threads on this.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Unless you plan on using it outside the car, then just forget about running outside the car. You have a bad fuse, FSR (get an OEM), or a relay. Since you have the blower motor out, replace it as well, since it will die at some point anyway, and you have already done the hard part, which is the removal. Put a new one in, and fix the bad part, and call it done. Then, you don't have to worry about it for another 60-100k miles. :)

Edit: Behr is the OEM supplier for the FSR, so what you have is fine. The ECS blower motor is probably fine since the OEM supplier Behr motor is crazy expensive @ $249 at BMA parts!? I would go for the ECS unit too. How bad could the ECS motor be? $249 is a little bit too much for that part. It is worth trying. I mean, it is basically a normal squirrel cage Blower Motor. I can't see anything on the Behr model that makes it special somehow. Maybe it has better bearings, but you could buy 2 of the cheaper ones for the price of the Behr unit. I would take the risk to try it out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts