E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
mod bug resistant
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It finally snows in Boston, pretty heavily too. The exit from my garage was not cleaned so there was lots of snow.
All I can say is these tires are great. Snow traction is just incredible. I never expected a RWD car to behave so perfectly in snow. On my way out of the garage I decided to give it a little gas to see what happens. The wheels spinned for just half a second and then got traction. The DSC kicked in too, which I think helped it a little bit. Rotaries were no problem for me either.
I used to have Dunlop SP-5000 all season tires on my Maxima and there is just no comparison. I felt much less secure with dunlops.
Anyway, I am very pleased with LM-22's performance and would recommend them to anyone who is looking for great winter tires. :thumbup:

·
Registered
250 Posts
hey andy

question...
i am thinking about getting some blizzaks too..
did you put the blizzaks on your 17s?
or did you get some wheels?
if so what wheels did you get and how much?
THanks

·
mod bug resistant
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: hey andy

JetBlack325Ci said:
question...
i am thinking about getting some blizzaks too..
did you put the blizzaks on your 17s?
or did you get some wheels?
if so what wheels did you get and how much?
THanks
I bought these tires and 17" AT Italia type 5 (contour style) from a private party. The package was in a brand new condition, used for a couple months only.
I think the same combo is about $1300 at tirerack.com.

·
Network Analyst
3,439 Posts
I just threw on my LM-22s today along with a set of new rims. I did the whole winter tire/wheel package from Tire Rack. I thought the Sport Edition Valores looked pretty plain on the website but when I put them on I really liked the new look my car had. I think I'll get rid of my OEM rims next year some time.

Anyway, there hasn't been a big snow fall yet here in Chicago but I can't wait until there is . :)

·
St. Louis BMW Fanatic
6,696 Posts
I run LM-22s as well and they are awesome in the snow! I have total confidence when I'm driving during the winter time. :thumbup:

·
HartgE46
719 Posts
Re: Re: hey andy

AndyXXL said:

I bought these tires and 17" AT Italia type 5 (contour style) from a private party. The package was in a brand new condition, used for a couple months only.
I think the same combo is about $1300 at tirerack.com.
I'm so glad they worked out for ya! :thumbup: How do they look... let's see some pics!

·
mod bug resistant
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Re: Re: hey andy

AMB said:

I'm so glad they worked out for ya! :thumbup: How do they look... let's see some pics!
Yes Andy, they are great. My car is dirty right now so I'll take some pics after I wash it :)

·
O.D.
1,529 Posts
good

good to hear... i just got my blizzak's put on my stock sp 17's....getting ssr gt3's in the spring :bow: :bow: :pimpin:
as i dont want to wear out my stock sp 17's when changing between the blizzaks and turanza tires.

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
12,661 Posts
i just put lm22 18" on my m3

i just got my baby 2003 m3 5 days ago and i went to ultma performance they hook me up with them now i just have to wait for the snow lolllllllll

thanks for the advise vinny mack for telling me about the lm22 and thanks to pete for helping
me find the right size to put on my m3 18"

bobm3 :bow: :bow:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.