BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you name a few amps that are chrome? only good quality amps though...i remember ppi had them, but there new models arent anymore.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Dude, check out the BOSS amps. The best amps (as far as looks) that I have ever seen. They are chrome and have the multimeter and a whole bunch of gadgets and fans on them. They are cheap also and you can add a nice crossover and a capacitor and put some good base in the car. Check out the ripper series.

I have a brand new BOSS amp for sale for $150 + $15 shipping.
Let me know if you need pictures. It's a 1000 watts and pushes 210-RMS times two. You can also bridge it. It comes with the remote and everything. Five year warranty so you can't go wrong. You can push two nice 10" or 12" subs.

VERY GOOD for the budget....

·
hammer talks like this
4,206 Posts
should also consider phoenix gold titanium amps. i think those are best amps for show. nice finish and cool blue lights.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I know the Soundstream Tarantulas are bad-ass lookin', but not sure as to their quality -- Ron or one of the other experts could tell ya...

·
Registered
319 Posts
Tarantula is very good!
I installed one in a E46 2 months ago, and the whole system (Alpine HU) sounds awesome!
Very clear, well balanced amp!
And those looks :)

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Ive got two chromed PPI PC amps sitting at home for sale.

·
Registered
667 Posts
The tarantula is a good amp... seen and heard a black widow version recently, and it sounded beautiful.... You can get any amp chromed though really, just take the cover/heatsink off and take it to a chroming shop.

Most covers are made from metal, have you tried getting anything polished to a full shine?

I don't know, I prefer the older amps like PPI art series, butler tube amps, etc. Maybe that's because I don't have money for brax and such! =(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts