BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy those blind spot mirrors that stick on your mirrors. I had them on my eclipse (the round ones) the car looked nicer plus i could see..the blind spots. Now i wanna put some on my 330 so i have 3 questions: 1)should i go for the round or the square ones? regular or tinted? 2)where can i get good quality blind spot mirrors? possibly being real glass? i don't want the type they have at walmart etc. and 3) should i put them bottom corner or top corner, left or right?

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
I appreciate its a forum for questions and opinions but man Who gives a s#@t its your car get what you want like its all up to your own taste

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
I usually see the round ones, on the bottom inner corner. however, you need to put them where they do you the best job.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Actually, if you adjust your mirrors properly you don't need them. There is a thread (either here or on Bimmerfest) with a link to a BMW video showing how to properly adjust the mirrors. It is very informative. The mirror settings take some getting used to, but they actually work very well.

The idea is you adjust your mirrors very far outward in such a way that as a vehicle moves out of view of your rearview mirror it simultaneously moves into view of your side mirror. Even though it seems kind of counter-intuitive when you first set your mirrors that way it works.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Actually, if you adjust your mirrors properly you don't need them. There is a thread (either here or on Bimmerfest) with a link to a BMW video showing how to properly adjust the mirrors. It is very informative. The mirror settings take some getting used to, but they actually work very well.

The idea is you adjust your mirrors very far outward in such a way that as a vehicle moves out of view of your rearview mirror it simultaneously moves into view of your side mirror. Even though it seems kind of counter-intuitive when you first set your mirrors that way it works.

Link to said video? Search returned no matching relusts.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts

Awesome. thanks. Although I do have one small problem with my mirrors. When I switch my car (step) into reverse, my passenger mirror will auto tilt downward to point at the curb. I guess its to help parallel park. When I switch back into drive, or park, it automatically goes back to where it was positioned. Well it's supposed to. Mine never does. It always goes up higher than it was before. Any way to correct this? Also, I have the power seats, and power mirrors, but I can't figure out how to save my mirror settings along with my seat. Every time I push one of the seat buttons the mirrors never change.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Switch your mirror control button to the other side and it won't move when you put it in reverse.

I've been looking for the vid link, but haven't found it yet.

·
Registered
e92 M3
3,746 Posts
turn the mirror select switch to the other side and it will stop tilting on reverse. I only use the tilt when I park near a curb as not to scratch my wheels.

EDIT: damn it you got it before I did lol

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
turn the mirror select switch to the other side and it will stop tilting on reverse. I only use the tilt when I park near a curb as not to scratch my wheels.

EDIT: damn it you got it before I did lol

Yeah, I do this, I only use it for parallel parking so I dont hit my rims too, but everytime I do that it doesn't go back to where it should. (I have to parallel park several times daily)

·
Registered
e92 M3
3,746 Posts
if you have memory seats, set the mirrors/seat everything to the spot you want and save it to one of the buttons.
Every time the mirror is out of place, just press the button and it should put it back to the place you had before.
If it doesn't either that option isn't on your car or something is jacked up.

·
Registered
287 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
look at it this way, most people; the way they adjust the mirrors are setting up the side mirrors to look at the same spot that you see out of your rear inside mirror. The way you wanna set up your mirrors, are so the side ones see the blind spot and the next lane over to yours, do this to your left and right mirrors, and boom no blind spot, and a much better way to use ALL your mirrors

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Adjust your mirrors properly and you don't have a blind spot. I read about in Wheels or Motor Manual many years ago. Took me 12mths to trust it but I can drive through any city without looking over my shoulder at 'blind spot'

·
/// Limitless
3,504 Posts
BMW also makes the eropean version mirrors with split glass; you can buy the mirror glass seperately. Most of the mirror points toward where you are comfortable with the mirror and the narrower split section points more outward to include the blind spot. Or get AC Schnitzer mirrors - they're an M3 alternative and the mirror glass is slightly aspherical so you see more.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I have the small circular mirrors.
I think their awesome. Had them for 3 years now and i dont even use my regular mirrors anymore, just the small ones. :D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts