Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

What is your opinion on black rims on a sliver E46? Would it look nice

does anyone has some pics?

Greetz

·
A Flammable Plumber
4,735 Posts
they would definitely look hot ... i have gun metal and wish they were darker. definitely make sure u get them with a polished lip though

·
Registered
270 Posts
black wheels

I read an editorial in one of the car mags I really respect. The editor compares the black wheel look as having a hole there or empty space. He said wheels were meant to be shiny...to catch the eye. If someone has to have em at least have shiny lips to have a contrast.
First editorial I totally agree with. The biggest trip is most guys are doing it to follow the fad. The newest thing. Wheels should be classy but still stand out. Why spend all this unneccessary money just to have a look that disppears in some angles.
The best thing about modding is it's an individual thing. To each his own. If you like it, cool.

·
Registered
384 Posts
platinumsc said:
I read an editorial in one of the car mags I really respect. The editor compares the black wheel look as having a hole there or empty space. He said wheels were meant to be shiny...to catch the eye. If someone has to have em at least have shiny lips to have a contrast.
First editorial I totally agree with. The biggest trip is most guys are doing it to follow the fad. The newest thing. Wheels should be classy but still stand out. Why spend all this unneccessary money just to have a look that disppears in some angles.
The best thing about modding is it's an individual thing. To each his own. If you like it, cool.

i could understand what they are trying to say but i think alot of what attracted me to the silver black thing is the fact that although it is becoming kinda common now it is still alot less common then the standard polished/chrome wheel. its nice becsuse it is different, and it allows wheels and your car to take on a whole different look. also not every thing has to attract attention there is something to be said about Subtlety. and it looks cool when you are driving imo cuz the spokes dissapear and all that is left is the polished lip and the breaks. too bad i cant afford a bbk ;)

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
platinumsc said:

:werd: to me, it looks like a civic without its hubcaps

·
Registered
384 Posts
mister wiggles said:
:werd: to me, it looks like a civic without its hubcaps
i really dont think my car looks like a civic w/o hubcaps :dunno:

4x4 maybe :shhh: but it has since been lowerd

·
Conceited Prick
2,143 Posts
xiaonjohn said:

Nice choice. :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
everyones got a different taste....that guy who wrote was some editor from eurotuner........... i think if you got some sort of theme to tie in the black wheeks then your fine.........why even bring up the fact that civic's do it, euro cars were doing this first......i forgot who was the first to do the black wheel thing but i know porsche had it in the 80's.......

i agree, its a fad that everyones doing but if it looks good then i say rock it......whatever makes you happy, right?

·
Sh!t Happens.
4,614 Posts
I love the way they look, but only if you complete the "blackout" theme, like black kidneys, black window trim, smoke corners, etc.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
10,157 Posts
xiaonjohn said:

Looks good man, like i said its an acquired taste for silver with black wheels!!
I LOVE the way it looks, but that's because i love sporty, racing looks not flashey with chrome and stuff, i love gunmetal too and my rims i got darker then a matching silver of my car, i want to get black next.. Anyway here's a few more pics, i also agree black out the grille on your car and do a blackout theme :craig:

·
Registered
384 Posts
iLLG35 said:
Looks good man, like i said its an acquired taste for silver with black wheels!!
I LOVE the way it looks, but that's because i love sporty, racing looks not flashey with chrome and stuff, i love gunmetal too and my rims i got darker then a matching silver of my car, i want to get black next.. Anyway here's a few more pics, i also agree black out the grille on your car and do a blackout theme :craig:
yea i working on the theme but i am poor from my lowering kit now so... but i hope for an mtech kit with the araquy or whatever add on

1 - 19 of 19 Posts