BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I just wanted everyone to know that this guy is being rediculous right now. I sent this member a piece of Vinyl overlay that I had. He posted this thread and requested a refund through paypal without attempting to resolve the issue with me first. Needless to say I would have sent him another one if he had given me a chance, free of charge, but he took it straight to disputing it.

This fanatic obviously had never worked with vinyl because I know from experience with my buddies cars that these waves in the vinyl will come out with some stretching, and contorting. The member also did not think of a heat gun when applying the material to the outside of his car. The crease on the corner was going taken out anyways, it was excess to the corner.

Anyone chime in please when they see this and give there opinions.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=663239

·
Registered
766 Posts
I can't reply on his thread for some reason, but I think he's inexperienced and in the wrong. If he had gotten a tint shop to do it, he would have probably been more than happy with the product.

·
Registered
766 Posts
As well, if I were to have gotten an overlay that DIDN'T stretch, I would be more upset than getting a perfectly smooth one that had no stretch to it. I (half-way-successfully) put on vinyl over my chrome window trim, and I would have gotten nowhere if there was no stretch to it.

·
Banned
126 Posts
Just to give you my honest opinion, that vinyl shouldn't have been that wavy. I am sure that once you peel it off, you can straighten it out on the car, and even use a heat gun to help that. However, that's extra unnecessary work that you shouldn't have to do.

The corner thing I can understand, since the vinyl can get bunched up or slightly damaged during shipping, and it is excess anyways.

-Don

·
Banned
126 Posts
As well, if I were to have gotten an overlay that DIDN'T stretch, I would be more upset than getting a perfectly smooth one that had no stretch to it. I (half-way-successfully) put on vinyl over my chrome window trim, and I would have gotten nowhere if there was no stretch to it.
Most vinyl will stretch. Cheaper material will just not stretch as well/easily.

-Don

·
Registered
328 Posts
Just to give you my honest opinion, that vinyl shouldn't have been that wavy. I am sure that once you peel it off, you can straighten it out on the car, and even use a heat gun to help that. However, that's extra unnecessary work that you shouldn't have to do.

The corner thing I can understand, since the vinyl can get bunched up or slightly damaged during shipping, and it is excess anyways.

-Don
Airborne--- I got mine from you and it came just like that. Minus the corner that looks like it got caught on something. Those waves came right out... no issue at all... I rolled mine in the opposite direction when i got it from you... and everything worked out.

Not sure why this guy is being difficult.

·
Registered
766 Posts

-Don
even still, he's overreacting

·
Registered
401 Posts
This guy is completely overeacting. I got mine from Airborneden.There were some little creases in the middle of mine and the sheet was wavy as ****. BUT>>> I made the attempt to put mine on and it came out perfect, no creases and the wavyness did not affect the way it came out. I never even questioned what it would look like on my car from my inital viewing of the raw product.

·
Banned
126 Posts
I dunno. It's up to you guys to decide.

He could possibly peel it off the backing paper, to see if it'll straighten out, since it could be the backing paper that is distorted and not the vinyl.

I've had vinyl shipped back to me before (due to wrong address), and when I pulled it out to inspect it, it looked just like the way I had originally sent it out.

It does seem like he's over reacting if you're offering him his money back for the vinyl.

-Don

·
Banned
126 Posts
This guy is completely overeacting. I got mine from Airborneden.There were some little creases in the middle of mine and the sheet was wavy as ****. BUT>>> I made the attempt to put mine on and it came out perfect, no creases and the wavyness did not affect the way it came out. I never even questioned what it would look like on my car from my inital viewing of the raw product.
I want better pictures of the vinyl on your car as well, those pictures at the gas station doesn't count :p

-Don

·
Registered
401 Posts
You got it man!! I actually am going to get some pics taken today....boys bringin that DSLR!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts