E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is peoples opinions on painting the roof black? i was considering getting the cf roof from turner or revosport or where ever that was i cant remember but it is kinda expencive like 1k if i remember correctly. and then there would be no sun roof. so i was thinking of just painting my roof black it think it would look nice on my car because i have the all silver black thing going on. what do you think??

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea i saw it the other day on a benz and i thought it looked really nice. it is an idea i have been toying with for many months now so as soon as i get my body kit and have it painted i might just have him do the roof as well :)

on a side note my post count is now 330 just like my car, hehe im a dork

·
Registered
0 Posts
There is a guy on here with a silver tornado kit with a black roof. its damn hot!!! I strongly encourage you to do it! :drool:

·
Registered
494 Posts
Go for it man!! It will look good! My friend has a black roof on his silver c32 and he doesnt really have the black/silver theme going on but it still looks good haha

·
Registered
0 Posts
I know that CF is more expensive but I would definately do that. If you want it to be dark you can put a tint over the carbon. Either way the pics that you showed us look sweet so I would do it. I am now thinking of doing it to mine.

If you do do it make sure you most pics so we can see afterwards

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
I'd do it! Looks absolutely sick. But since its obviously going to be a custom job, I'd be sure to get a black that has a VERY metallic look to it so it picks up with the silver real nice. I was checking out a color that comes on the Overland Jeeps and its got such a nice sparkle to it that'd look unbelievable with a silver car because it'd be brought out reeeeal nice...

·
Registered
200 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
///M PWR 00 said:
black roof would look good if your exterior was heavily modded....
my plans are as follows, mtech rear, and front, with the arequy or whatever add on molded and painted with a strip of the cf showing so that it looks like the m3 front lip i cant remember how to spell it either starts with an s, i was going to do the m3 front conversion but i think i have desided that it will be too expencive. undesided on the side skirts. acs 3 piece trunk spoiler/lip,(i really want csl but it is just to ecxpencive for me i think) and acs roof spoiler.

h&r cup kit goes on this friday :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts