E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi...thought about getting this for my car...I heard that the old ones use to melt...was wondering if anyone had it fitted recently...

Any opinions would be welcome.... :dunno:

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Har5ha said:
Hi...thought about getting this for my car...I heard that the old ones use to melt...was wondering if anyone had it fitted recently...

Any opinions would be welcome.... :dunno:
Well, mine has just shipped, so I'll update you when I get it in.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just installed my interior kit and am very happy with them. The color is really like that bottom "after" picture. My only gripe is that the bulbs are blue when off, but you hardly ever see them so I guess it's no big deal.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
orgetorix said:
I just installed my interior kit and am very happy with them. The color is really like that bottom "after" picture. My only gripe is that the bulbs are blue when off, but you hardly ever see them so I guess it's no big deal.
Yeah, I can only see them in the rear dome lights.

·
is baaaaaaaaaack...
1,057 Posts
i have the bimmian kit and love it, and i have some left over bulbs, enough to swap all the bulbs that turn on when you open the car door, unlock the doors, etc for sale in the for sale forum. half price on the kit since its half the bulbs, but who needs the bulbs for the vanity mirror etc? i only used the ones that turn on as described above and they look great. PM me if interested or find my thread in the for sale forum.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Ok, are all the bulbs the same size? What are the parts numbers? I wanna put the kit together myself for less $$$

·
Registered
426 Posts
I've installed them also and just love them. It's a little mod that makes a big difference. I especially love it when i'm somewhere with no city lights where you can see them better, makes the whole inside "glow" :thumbup:

·
Registered
31 Posts
I got them they look good.:thumbup:

·
Registered
966 Posts
I think Bimmian switched the bulbs (they even offered to swap out the old bulbs if you had your receipt) to ones that do not melt.

The ones I remember that melted were the ones over the license plate and the ones in the footwells. I think Ian of Bimmian posted a thread about it (was a sticky for a while) and said he had left his on for an extended period with no ill effect.

I liked the one stop shop from Bimmian of all the bulbs (I did interior and exterior) in one place and did not have to search and make a bunch of buys.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
562 Posts
No, they aren't any "brighter" than the stock ones, just a different color light. It is something you have to see for yourself in person, but trust me, like was said before..simple mod that really gets noticed. Totally worth it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks...think I shall go ahead...just wanted the heads up..Thanks..will let u know when i sort it out :thumbup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts