BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received my silver gray painted reflectors from Bimmian that had been backordered for months due to problems with getting the paint mix right for this color. I think it was worth the wait. The color match is perfect.

What I thought was kinda cool was when I took a pic of them with the flash on on my Canon S400 the actual amber reflector still showed up!

·
Registered
484 Posts
looks nice, i dunno if i'm feeling the whole idea of still seeing the amber. kinda looks like it didn't get enough paint :dunno: the set i got from them for mine don't do that

·
Registered
98 Posts
Phil02E46 said:
looks nice, i dunno if i'm feeling the whole idea of still seeing the amber. kinda looks like it didn't get enough paint :dunno: the set i got from them for mine don't do that
You have my exact car, except for wheels and mirrors :thumbup:

And I think you only see the amber cause he used the flash. You wont usually see it

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
looks good, but the fact that you still see the amber scares me, i want to order painted reflectors from them, but there shopping cart system doesnt work :( i hope they wont take too long to come in

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had trouble with their shopping cart system at first too. Turns out it was my Pop-Up blocker program that was interfering with it so I disabled that and it worked fine so see if you are using any programs like that.

I know I have read so many negative comments on here about Bimmian that I just felt I should post my experience, since it was good. I also got the tag frames from them which are nice. I added my own little touch though by putting a piece of 1/8" clear acrylic between the frame and the tag making it a complete cover. They should sell them like this!

Also on the reflectors, you cannot see the amber in them at all when looking at them. I even tried shining a flashlight on them and couldn't see it. They say they are painted with 2 color coats and 2 clear coats. For some reason the flash on the camera picked it up though.

·
'a certain moderator'
36,771 Posts
6 months for me, and no silver reflectors

glad urs came though, i have already given up on getting my product or money from bimmian at all.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
dam i just disabled pop ups and it still doesnt work!!! and i emailed them about the time it takes, they said it will be shipped out the next day after my payment is made... is that bs? i need ti silver reflectors...

·
Registered
209 Posts
was thinkin about getting them from bimmian but there is no way i was paying like $100 for them. so i went back to the shop that painted my wing and got them done for dirt cheap...
if you got 2004 silver gray and need to get them painted, let me know... hes got a lot more paint left in his shop...

oh yea, and mine doesnt get that yellow reflection...

·
Registered
484 Posts
mbanks21 said:

You have my exact car, except for wheels and mirrors :thumbup:

And I think you only see the amber cause he used the flash. You wont usually see it
:thumbup:

i don't believe mine are visable though, even with a flash :dunno:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yours are black though. Black paint lets less light through. Think about the silver painted bulbs that still glow amber.

·
Registered
725 Posts
anyone have black ones they wanna sell me or left over paint?? for 04 coupe that is

1 - 16 of 16 Posts