1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
2,061 Posts
Stoptech.

·
Registered
106 Posts
brembo's have got such a massive following in europe,....movit/ porsche are brembos......umm ive not heard of stoptech ...are they any good?

·
Sofa-king-what
2,036 Posts
355 for sure...
i'm fitting them on 18", but I have problems with calipers (contact with rim's barrel)... I must use porsche 996 front or Tarox 6 pot...

i think you can go untill 380 with 19s....

·
Alpha Male
7,143 Posts
TheRiddle said:
355 for sure...
i'm fitting them on 18", but I have problems with calipers (contact with rim's barrel)... I must use porsche 996 front or Tarox 6 pot...

i think you can go untill 380 with 19s....
Dude I've said this time and time again. It doesn't matter if the rotor fits under your wheel. It's the caliper clearance to your wheels that determines what BBK you can use, thus limiting your rotor size.

For example: Even though I had 19x8.5" ACS Type 3 Racing wheels I could not fit more than a 320mm/12.6" Brembo kit WITH a 7mm spacer on my car because there was no spoke clearance. Even though I could have easly fit a 380mm/15" rotor behind my wheel. The wheels limited me from getting a larger BBK.

I don't know what calipers you were using but there should have been no contact between your caliper and rim barrel if you were using the proper Brembo BBK. The only issue you should have had is the spoke clearance.

·
Alpha Male
7,143 Posts
ACT_ASS said:
Would a 12.6" Brembo BBK look retarded on 19" Hamann HM2's? :D
Not at all. (It would obviously look better than stock ;) )

I'll try and post a pic if I can find one. I know there's one floating around on one of these message boards or my HDD somewhere.

·
Sofa-king-what
2,036 Posts
Dude I've said this time and time again. It doesn't matter if the rotor fits under your wheel. It's the caliper clearance to your wheels that determines what BBK you can use, thus limiting your rotor size.
True... but i discovered it too late...
I took this kit from a guy that had it installed on his ford (with 18"rims)..so...for this I thought that will fit my car too

I don't know what calipers you were using but there should have been no contact between your caliper and rim barrel if you were using the proper Brembo BBK. The only issue you should have had is the spoke clearance.
my calipers are these

they're brembo but are too "fat" for a 355 under MY rims,they'll fit perfectly on a stock size rotor....

.....there arent any problem with the spokes...i tried to use a 1.7 spacer but it was unworth still have contact....

I tried to fit the calipers that I've mentioned and they fits perfectly (there is a gap of 8-10mm betwewn mine and those)...unluckily they weren't mine....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts