BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Bavarian Motor Slave
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im definately not being a guinea pig, i just wanted to get a thread going that definativly said you could or couldnt use PSS9s.

Either way I'm more focused on the PSS now ($$$) and how people have liked them etc, and whether there has been a probelm with them as well.

I'm in a toss up between cupkit or 1k coilovers. Just thinking out loud here.

·
has 1 FLY Ci
2,036 Posts
drewcon said:

I'm in a toss up between cupkit or 1k coilovers. Just thinking out loud here.
Same damn dilemma man! Maybe after X-mas time we can arrange a PSS group buy. I saw prices for them and its around $869 per person in a GB.

·
Bavarian Motor Slave
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thats what i hear. And it seems PSS are the best ride quality, so i think im pretty set on them

GB?

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I have the PSS coilovers and they are great. I dont' mind the ride quality although it is bumpier than when i had H&R race springs and e36 m3 race in the rear and stock sport shocks. Car handles great and body roll is reduced. i give it a :thumbup:

·
Banned
1,504 Posts
well the issue with the bolt for the rear perches on the PSS9 would also apply to the PSS. they are both the same, just different shock units, pss9 u can adjust, pss u cant.

anyways, the issue has to do with lack of clearance in the rear, and u will know immediatly after u put the car to the ground if u are ok or not. i heard it was only on a limited run of cars with this problem, but u can install them and see if it works without even driving the car away.

on my 325 there is very very little clearance, but there is clearance, so im ok and im keeping my pss in

and ride and handling are the **** :thumbup: you can search archives for a review i did of them a while ago

·
Registered
194 Posts
Have PSS9's on my M3 and I'm 100% satisfied. The drop is "plenty" for most people. If you want snow-plow low, then you should probably look into one of the other kits available. Btw, my opinions are based on the M3, so on a 330 things might be different. I highly recommend it.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
370 Posts
I have the PSS9 kit with 18s and on the softest setting I would say that the ride is LESS harsh than stock. Ride quality is NOT an issue. Car handles unbelievably. Progressively went down to the tightest setting duing a weekend at the track and boy did the car handle well. To be able to just reach around the tire without jacking it up or even taking off the tire is not a feature offered in anyother coilover kit other than the PSS9. For me that was key. I got the kit for performance purposes and I have not been disappointed. Second best mode I have done so far (paddle-shift retro takes the cake here).

Do a search on my name and you will see I posted some info on the fitment issues. Really it is not that big an issue because even if you do have a problem you can get some H&R rear perches and thereby obtain more clearance between the perch and driveshaft.

·
or is it just you?
632 Posts
I've had the PSS9's on my 325 for a few months and have never even thought about changing the damping, it rides so nice on whatever the shop set it at. My car came with the sport package on 17's and now with the PSS9's on 19"s the ride is better than stock IMO and the shop said they had them set on almost the lowest setting. I've driven with a full load in my car and haven't had any problems with scraping/rubbing on anything.

I love them.

Here's a shot of the back wheel gap, it's not all the way down, but almost...

And here's the front...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts