E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where I can buy these from Australia, if possible for the E46 M3?

Anyone tried these? I'm looking for a suspension setup that's driveable as a daily but I would still like to "hella-fush" the rims. Possible?

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
If you want to be 'hella flush' and not rub day to day you might want to reconsidder your potential set up. The only way you are going to be able to slam the car would be to get some very agressive camber happening but that doesn't really seem 'hella flush'.

I have had some good experince with Bilstein coilovers, both in terms of ride quality and adjustability. There are alot of people here running KW so they might be able to shed some insight into their products.

It is going to be cheaper for you to import which ever brand you decide to purchase then buy locally, even with shipping on top of the cost.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that. Are you able to give me some advice on how the Bilsteins were for you as a daily driver? Are M and non-M spec Bilstein coilovers different?

Would the Bilsteins/KW not be good for an aggressive setup?

Anyone know how much faster running camber wears out your tyres?

·
Registered
10,292 Posts
Thanks for that. Are you able to give me some advice on how the Bilsteins were for you as a daily driver? Are M and non-M spec Bilstein coilovers different?

depends on how much u run...
the more camber the more wear..
uneven + premature wear...

M's can run pretty agressive setups anyway..

·
Registered
179 Posts
You can get them through Southern BM.

From what I've read, PSS10 only offer a 1 inch drop so it wont do the 'hella-flush' look you want. KW V2 will offer a bigger drop than the Bilstein. How much more I don't know.

Coilovers for non M and M3 are different.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Stanceworks coils are an option as with FK coils, depends on so many variables
So these are better options for a hella-flush look?
Anything else recommended?

Thx!

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have KWV3, awesome ride quality. Had them on an Evo for several years too with no problems. My car is as low as you'd really want to go and still not at limit so you'll have no problem playing with the ride height. Bought mine locally from Wheels World here in Perth.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have KWV3, awesome ride quality. Had them on an Evo for several years too with no problems. My car is as low as you'd really want to go and still not at limit so you'll have no problem playing with the ride height. Bought mine locally from Wheels World here in Perth.
Nice! Are you able to post any pics to see how they look?
Also, do you daily drive your car?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,542 Posts

Personally I love them, they seem to even out the harsh bumps in the road but still allow you to feel what is going on.

As for the difference between M and Non-M, I think it is just height. Wound down, mine will just tuck the rims in teh back and tuck the tyres in the front. I heard the M versions don't go quite as low.

I really don't think you could go wrong with either Bilstein OR KW.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
+1. i got KW V3 too and love the comfort...hard to believe im riding on coils..

but ive heard good things about both brands :)

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I found this thread:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=463855

Seems that KW v2 are FTW! Not fully slammed, but probably low enough for what I'd like without sacrificing too much.
I heard that lowering the car too much actually deteriorates the handling of the car, is this right?
Why is that?

What's the difference between the KW v2 and v3?

BTW - also looks like there are some cars with PSS9 that looks pretty low too. I thought PSS9 were crap for dropping the ride height?

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Personally I love them, they seem to even out the harsh bumps in the road but still allow you to feel what is going on.

As for the difference between M and Non-M, I think it is just height. Wound down, mine will just tuck the rims in teh back and tuck the tyres in the front. I heard the M versions don't go quite as low.

I really don't think you could go wrong with either Bilstein OR KW.
Miss325, I assume that's your car in your avatar? That ride height looks pretty good for the PSS9. If I'd want to run it more flush, I assume I can use that suspension with a wider rim/lower offset and should be all good?

·
Registered
10,292 Posts
What do u mean by "Hella-Flush" ??

Do u want just nice fitment/slightly agressive ??

or do u want to go all out stance?

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
From the pics I think the KW v2 should be good enough.
Where is the best place to buy these from? Overseas I assume?

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
What do u mean by "Hella-Flush" ??

Do u want just nice fitment/slightly agressive ??

or do u want to go all out stance?
I think he meant "Hella-Tucked"?

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well the coilovers mentioned seem to drop the car low enough, I'd just like a wider stance than seen in most of those pics. Guess I'd just go a wider rim/lower offset and run camber if I need to.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I've got a set of the KW V2 on my M & they are great....They run progressive rate springs which make them really comfortable.

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Miss325, I assume that's your car in your avatar? That ride height looks pretty good for the PSS9. If I'd want to run it more flush, I assume I can use that suspension with a wider rim/lower offset and should be all good?
Yes it is my car. Keep in mind that in that photo teh coilovers are wound about halfway down.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts