BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just about had it with this place. I brought my car in because there was an awful creaking noise coming from the rear deck. When I brought it in, I showed them exactly where the noise was coming from, and told them when it started, etc. I do have a system in the car. I have a 12" sub firing through the ski hole, and a new head unit and components up front. However, the rear speakers and the hk subs are not connected. I just got a phone call from the dealership saying they found the problem, but that there will be a charge because bmw will not pay for the repair. They say I have to go after the stereo shop. How can I go after the stereo shop when I saw the whole installation and they NEVER TOUCHED the rear deck in any way. Looks like I'm in for a nice display to all their customers this afternoon. They will all know what happened:D

Just needed to vent

·
Registered
599 Posts
damn that sucks...thats practically why i stick with the brand and always will - that dealer takes damn good care of ME!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Try Laurel in Westmont

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
If you're stuck going to this dealer, have them walk through their reasoning as to how the aftermarket work caused the problem. Even better, get the stereo installer to come along with you as a BS detector. In either case, be sure to list your gripes here: http://www.dealerrater.com/dealers/index.asp?state=il to warn others.

Chip-

1 - 7 of 7 Posts